Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rally Car Event at MidWay Buick GMC

Would you come out and help me raise money to help send 3 state champs on an all expense paid trip to Akron OH to race in the All American Soap Box Derby Race?

When: Sat July 28 Time: 8:30am

Where: MidWay Buick GMC 155 Rte 108 Somersworth NH 03878 (call Kristin to signup 603-749-0010)

Midway, NHSBD and the SCCA have joined forces an organized a Rally Race, that everyone can enter into, it t…akes a driver and a co-driver, you will be given directions and need to find specific landmarks and enroute stops, the race is timed, you cannot exceed the speed limits, prizes include trophies, free LOF and Mequiars car wax kits. It all starts with a breakfast and ends with a BBQ at MidWay. Pure FUN! $25 per car entry. 100% of the proceeds go to the Soap Box Derby. Please make an effort to come join in the fun and to support a great cause.

Thanks, Bob Demers

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
It sure sounds like a lot a fun and a great time for a good cause. Count me in !!!

Bob Demers and the Midway race team has been a fantastic supporter of the Kappa Platform for many years. He has hosted numerous events at Lime Rock Park and New Hampshire Motor Speedway. He races the SSB Solstice # 1 at many tracks in the northeast and holds a SCCA National Competition License.

Please tell your friends and sign up for this wonderful event and support someone that has been a great friend to us all.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Here's a BONUS for you guys!
The entrant that drives the furthest to this event gets an autographed bottle of Team Solstice SCCA SSB #1 wine.
We have a pancake breakfast at 8am Sat July 28 and expect to get the first car off at 9:30am for a 2 hour scavanger hunt on the beautiful seacoast of southern NH, and then I'll have my famous Bubba-Burgers for you guys!
Starts at MidWay Buick GMC, 155 Rte 108, Somersworth NH 03878 (just north of Portsmouth) Call Kristin @ 603-749-0010 to sign up credit cards accepted
Thank you Bob Demers

·
Registered
31 Posts
yolo (you only live once)

I'll be there with GASNGO.
133 mile trip.
Leaving CT at 4:30 am saturday.
JerryG :cool:
yolo

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rally results

It was a really great time going to the Midway Buick GMC in Somersworth NH. for this SCCA and Soap Box Derby Benefit. The hospitality as usually was the best.

This being the first event of this type for Jerry and I we had a lot to learn. The course took about 90 minutes and each team was required to find clues along the back roads that we traveled. It was even completed by the local offiicals monitoring our speed. It was lots of fun and a fantastic day meeting new people and just a wonderful time.

Anyone interested in another event ?

Check out the NER.Org website for one like this being held Aug 11th in Southington CT.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rally was a blast

It was a really great time going to the Midway Buick GMC in Somersworth NH. for this SCCA and Soap Box Derby Benefit. The hospitality as usually was the best.

This being the first event of this type for Jerry and I we had a lot to learn. The course took about 90 minutes and each team was required to find clues along the back roads that we traveled. It was even completed by the local offiicals monitoring our speed. It was lots of fun and a fantastic day meeting new people and just a wonderful time.

Anyone interested in another event ?

Check out the NER.Org website for one like this being held Aug 11th in Southington CT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts