Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today is the Red Rocks Meet: April 8th - RED ROCKS-We will meet/ eat first, lunch at the Ship Rock Grille @ 11:00(served 10:30-2:30);For some this will be a late breakfast -cause you're next to Red Rocks, for us from up North this will be an early lunch, same for the Springs people if they come.
Then drive through Red Rocks Park for Pictures of cars and formations; then drive the loop to Morrison (26), to Evergreen (74) [if weather good could drive all the way up to Mt. Evans entrance-depends on time and group desires], to Conifer (73), back to Red Rocks Area and then home.
We might stop off for supper before driving back north.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I want to go

I'm thinking about coming down for this one. Gotta see what the weather is gonna be like. I've been waiting for an excuse (like I need one ;) ) to take a trip. I won't know for sure until next week sometime, but will try and let you know as soon as I do.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Wow,
Great photo ops. Be sure to stop in Little Bear Tavern in Evergreen and have a couple. if I remember right they take the ladies bras and hang them up!!

Please post your pictures of this run!!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I hope you can get a group going for this ride. I love the pictures!!!

·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for comming!

nighttamer said:
I'm thinking about coming down for this one. Gotta see what the weather is gonna be like. I've been waiting for an excuse (like I need one ;) ) to take a trip. I won't know for sure until next week sometime, but will try and let you know as soon as I do.
Thanks for the PM, shouldn't have a white-out this weekend. I don't have my car yet.:lol:

·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Gary!

Do you think we could park your cars in the previous photo parking lot and take pic down at them? Or are there better spots in Red Rocks?

·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great Time!

I would like to thank nighttamer (Van and Stephanie) in their Envious for joining Gwilks and whitefang on our Drive through Red Rocks, up to Evergreen and back to Morrison via Turkey Run. The cars look great driving the twisties. We even had a Audi Roadster- Red with Blond driving it :cool: , join in.
Sorry :( about the mix-up about the restaurant- now i know there is a red rocks grill in Morrison and a Ship Rock Grille at Red Rocks. Those of you who go to a concert at Red Rocks, I highly recommend the Ship Rock Grille- they (a former Buckeye) even gave us free desert.
After viewing the Elk, we each took separate ways back home.
Again thanks for the beautiful day, good weather and great company- this is what Solstice friendship and driving is about! :yesnod:

·
Registered
185 Posts
A good time

We had a good time and met some good people. We can now say we have some new friends with a common passion. Loved driving the curves, with the top down, in the sunshine, even though we got some what of a sunburn. We hope to make another meet this year. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts