Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Announcing the 4th Rocky Mountain Solstice/ Sky Meet and Greet.

June 24th : FORT COLLINS: Meet at Whitefang's house at 10 AM; We will leave at 10:45 for the drive through Ft. Collins to LaPorte (HWY's 14 , 287,& 54G) and up Rist Canyon (52E) to Stove Prairie (27) . Proceed to Poudre Canyon (on 27) and up (14/ Poudre Canyon Hwy.) with a Rest Stop at the Narrows Picnic Site to stretch your legs, then on to Cameron Pass [2 hours/ 8 min. elapse time //47.2 mi.]. Turn Around at the Cameron Pass Rest Stop and Come back down the Poudre Canyon (14) to Fort Collins (287)[2 hours elapse time/ 65.4 mi.]. Following the Run we are planning to stop and sample the 17th Annual Brewers Festival food and beers. Then carefully proceed home. Please PM whitefang if attending and in need of additional information.
:party: :party: :party:

·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Optional Drive Alternatives for Meet

For those of you who want shorter rides:

a. When you get to Poudre Canyon, turn right and go back to Ft. Collins. Total Distance= 63 mi. Time= 2 Hours.

(More time to Drink Beer and Eat Fest. Food ) :cheers:

b. When you get to Poudre Canyon, turn Up canyon drive to Forest Service Visitors Center, turn around and go back to Ft. Collins. Total Distance= 89.2 mi. Total Time= 3 Hours.

(For moderate Drinkers and people who don't like water falls and Mt. passes.) :lol:

c. Stay Home, Drink own Beer and Eat own Food= Party Pooper! :yesnod:

·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Count down begins!

Only 1 more day till the th Rocky Mountain Solstice / Sky Meet in Ft. Collins. :cool:

Note: AB has decided to have a summer brew to compete with Fat Tire a the fest.:cheers:

·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
OK, Colorado and Wyoming!

So far the most we've had to any Meet has been three (two cars and a Van); we have enough cars out here to make a nice showing.:)

It's getting close enough for you to start contacting me.:yesnod:

Attending List:

whitefang
dgennetten
thassco- definite maybe

·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Meet

It's summer and everyone is busy , busy, busy!:yesnod:
Many Colorado Solstice members don't have their car, their car got wrecked, work this weekend, don't like crowds when driving, or think Ft. Collins is too far away.:willy:

I hope this note perks some interest!:thumbs:

:seeya:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thank You whitefang!

Today, I am a better person. I've driven a Solstice. Thank you John!!

Whitefang was kind enough to let me drive him and his baby over to my place (15 minutes from his place) and back. Here it is parked in my soon-to-be-made-over garage.

·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$th Meet and Greet!

Wow, that was really shorter than I expected!:lol:
Had a great time, got to meet the newest member of the Rocky Mountain Solstice Club.
As Doug's picture shows, we had breakfast at my house, got to talk and did a real modified run to his house. I was grateful ,cause it let cw and me meet a great guy, save a nice run for later when we get some more cars and let my back heal some more before having a long drive.

Sorry so many of you had priors, but thats life. Tad, hope your son wins his game, Van hope you stayed awake at work, and Gary hope you're having a great time in Phoenix. DenverSol hope your car gets fixed soon, numbbers hope your Mallett#33 gets built soon, and the rest hope to hear from you about attending a meet. :grouphug:

See all you Nationals at KC and the Coloradoans at the next meet!

:party: ON DUDES!

·
Registered
44 Posts
New potential member somewhere close..

Had my GrandAm into M------ Motors in Ft. Collins Tues 6/27 for repairs and they had just sold a Pure. Sorry to have missed your get together last weekend, but was stuck at mother-in-law's and didn't have the Sol anyway.

·
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry we missed you!

FollowTheSun said:
Had my GrandAm into M------ Motors in Ft. Collins Tues 6/27 for repairs and they had just sold a Pure. Sorry to have missed your get together last weekend, but was stuck at mother-in-law's and didn't have the Sol anyway.
Next time you're in town give me a call or come on over to the house. You're always welcome to stop by.

·
Registered
86 Posts
FollowTheSun said:
They thought they had sold the Pure. Turns out the east-coast dealer that promised to give them $1K over MSRP backed out but said "hold it" in case they changed their mind. Miffed, the local dealer said "dont call, we wouldnt sell it to you for $5K over".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts