Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted this as a seperate thread:devil:

So, go to town....... :lol:

to view the pics:
See my signature webpage, navigate to Solstice stuff -> "MSM - Solstice - Side by Side"

EDIT: second pic gallery here
See my signature webpage, navigate to Solstice stuff -> "MSM vs Solstice Size"
this gallery show's people of different sizes in the MSM and Sol.

More pics and a review to come.........

·
1,492 Posts
thanks for the pics ! I hadn't seen them before, must have missed the thred. Wife agrees- BUY THE SOLSTICE!!!

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
152 Posts
I still can't get over how small the MSM looks.

No offense, but there is NO comparison. :cool:

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IS300toSOLSTICE said:

Don't worry about offending me, I posted the pics for the purpose of comparison, I don't fret. Size is an issue (ladies :lol: ), and I will discuss that later this afternoon (sizes of the car that is :lol: ). :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have always liked tbe Miata, but I just gotta say the Sol just blows the Miata away in looks. There just ain't no comparison in my opinion.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A new set of pics is ready, these show the Sol v MSM with people of different sizes.

to view the pics:

That's it for pics, next, the review!

·
Registered
22 Posts
RODEO said:
A new set of pics is ready, these show the Sol v MSM with people of different sizes.

to view the pics:

That's it for pics, next, the review!
Thanks for the great pic. You helped me out with some of my fears about the size of the car, compare to people. I don't suppose, you know the shoulder length or weight of the 6'2" gentlemen in the green shirt?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks Rodeo...what were the 5'9" fella's thoughts??

I'm 5'9" and I am curious if he felt like he fit well...

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IS300toSOLSTICE said:
Thanks Rodeo...what were the 5'9" fella's thoughts??

I'm 5'9" and I am curious if he felt like he fit well...
He didn't say.

You should be fine, but I think you will think of it as a big car. My wife 5'6" didn't say it was too large, but she had limited time. tednelson83 was there, he's around 5'8", let's see what he says when he posts here later.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
IS300toSOLSTICE said:

Funny, I had exactly the opposite reaction. Thinking how huge the Solstice looked. Looking at the photo of the 5'9" driver, I don't think my wife at 5'2" could see out of the car. It would appear to be almost be a "Killroy was here" view from the side for her.

·
Registered
64 Posts
LBJay said:
Funny, I had exactly the opposite reaction. Thinking how huge the Solstice looked.
Gee, wouldn't "exactly the opposite reaction" in this case be, "Boy, I couldn't get over how small the Solstice looked."? :)

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Primus said:
I'm 5'9" and I fit in my Solstice like a glove.
Good news, because I am 5'8" and was curious. What is he view over the hood like? I drove a MR2 in the 90s, but for the last 5 years my daily ride has been a F150 and Burb. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
278 Posts
RODEO said:
He didn't say.

You should be fine, but I think you will think of it as a big car. My wife 5'6" didn't say it was too large, but she had limited time. tednelson83 was there, he's around 5'8", let's see what he says when he posts here later.
I'm 5'4" actually and was quite comfortable in the solstice. i was surprised at how big the car actually was. the MSM looked tiny in comparison with the solstice. the car felt like a big bath tub. :D i actually would want a 2" hight adjustment so i could look at the gauges head on, as they are slightly upturned.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
tednelson83 said:
I'm 5'4" actually and was quite comfortable in the solstice. i was surprised at how big the car actually was. the MSM looked tiny in comparison with the solstice. the car felt like a big bath tub. :D i actually would want a 2" hight adjustment so i could look at the gauges head on, as they are slightly upturned.
Thanks for letting us know. I am aprox 158 lbs & 5'7"ish or 5'8" on a good day ;), so it sounds link people my size will be okay.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
EDIT

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
I just was able to view Rodeo's pics and the Sol sure dwarfs the mx-5. I guess that I am more neutal than most, so I did not find the mx-5 "repulsive." The Sol sure measures up well next to the mx-5 and I cannot wait to see one up close. I did not realize how much taller the Sol was, until I saw these pics.:thumbs:

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MSG_McKee said:
I just was able to view Rodeo's pics and the Sol sure dwarfs the mx-5. I guess that I am more neutal than most, so I did not find the mx-5 "repulsive." The Sol sure measures up well next to the mx-5 and I cannot wait to see one up close. I did not realize how much taller the Sol was, until I saw these pics.:thumbs:
Thanks MSG McKee!

Just want to be sure, you probably know this, but just in case (for you or others):
The MSM is a variation of the Miata NB 2nd generation, it's a turbo etc etc...
I mention this as it is a MX-5, but today, the MX-5 is used in such connection with the 3rd gen miata, it gets confusing for some........

Again, I assume you know that, and you are using the MX-5 correctly, especially since you are overseas where miata is not used for any MX-5 generation! I prefer MX-5 over miata, especially Madzaspeed MX-5 :) or MSM!

Glad the pics helped!

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
RODEO said:
Thanks MSG McKee!

Just want to be sure, you probably know this, but just in case (for you or others):
The MSM is a variation of the Miata NB 2nd generation, it's a turbo etc etc...
I mention this as it is a MX-5, but today, the MX-5 is used in such connection with the 3rd gen miata, it gets confusing for some........

Again, I assume you know that, and you are using the MX-5 correctly, especially since you are overseas where miata is not used for any MX-5 generation! I prefer MX-5 over miata, especially Madzaspeed MX-5 :) or MSM!

Glad the pics helped!
.... I think as long as you do not call it "Miata", then Mazda will not mind. ;) I am still down to either the 07 Sol, 07 Sky, or a 04 Z4. :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts