Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Disclaimer, I really thought twice about posting this, I realized I'd likely have 4 SF moderators fighting over the "Ban Member Button". I don't mean to offend any SF members, it's more for the friends I've made here over time.

For those that are prone to envy, or don't like miatas/MX-5s, forgive me :devil:

Some of you may recall the "W" stands for the mrs., and in this case she pulled a fast on on me:

She made me buy her the red (VR, velovity red) one above AFTER she talked me into the grey (TI, titanium grey) one, no [email protected]#$%, any divorce lawyers in the house :lol:

So, the Ti is still a hold-me-over, if the Sol turns out a winner, the Ti (which is the daily driver) will be sold to make room, but I think the SC SOL will be the likely candidate for that to happen. The VR will be kept under a car cover for special occasions. Or maybe we'll turn one into a track car :yesnod:

The MSM has turned out to be a real winner for us, can't imagine wanting to sell it/them. The d*mn prices dropped again, making it hard to resist. we couldn't resist the VR, so now we have two, go figure.

No Sol gouging for me, although that EOP Sol was tempting. But how frustrating for those that got scr*wed, I feel for you gals/guys :grouphug:

So, I'll be even busier for the next weeks, busy racing the wife around the twisties, but I'll try to keep in touch, hehehe - that is if I don't get banned from SF :glol:

Now, GM, get the d*mn Sol on to dealer lots before I buy anything else, jeeeeez :brentil:

·
5,600 Posts
RODEO said:
So, the Ti is still a hold-me-over, if the Sol turns out a winner, the Ti (which is the daily driver) will be sold to make room, but I think the SC SOL will be the likely candidate for that to happen.
Why sell one of your Miatas? Just tow it behind your Solstice for extra trunk room. :leaving:

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jimbo said:
Why sell one of your Miatas? Just tow it behind your Solstice for extra trunk room. :leaving:
LOL, that was a good one, at that price, a MSM would make a good trailer for a Sol, and it has a spare for either car as well :lol:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Man, you got hozed on this deal! She gets the red one and its newer, and you get the big 'ole bill! :lol: Mazda sure likes you anyway!

Congrats! I doubt its often both spouses can truly agree on a car they both really like! Enjoy those MSM's and the twisties!

·
5,600 Posts
mceb said:
2 MSMs? Wow, nice but I'm afraid 2 Mazda cars will force us to redirect you to the MiataFourm.
One thing I like about Rodeo is he avoids all these asinine Solstice-Miata "girly man car" wars and just wants to maximize his seat time in great sports cars.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jimbo said:
One thing I like about Rodeo is he avoids all these asinine Solstice-Miata "girly man car" wars and just wants to maximize his seat time in great sports cars.
I am very sure this is the best thing I've ever read on a forum, kudos!

After all, the common thread for us all is our love for the roadster - the love for the wind through our hair - and our love for the twisties - well said Jimbo!

Avatar - good idea Brentil, how come I didn't think of that????

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
RODEO, what a creative way to fix your VIN problems :lol: Just bring the offending car home where it belongs. :glol: (I know it's not the same, but double and triple check the new paperwork before the ink dries)

Read the threads and you'll find several members that plan on taking their Solstice decals off of their cars. Maybe they can donate a couple sets to you. Put them on your dashboards and while you drive Mazda, think Solstice.

·
Premium Member
10,409 Posts
She made me buy her the red (VR, velovity red) one above AFTER she talked me into the grey (TI, titanium grey) one, no [email protected]#$%, any divorce lawyers in the house/
Is that the reason for the new front plate on the TI??...

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mceb: miataforum has too many moderators, I like it here better - ooops, how many mods are here now?

Mr.B and Ff88 and mceb: the new avatar if for you! More MX-5s than you can shake a stick at. The pics are of a small meet the MSMers had here in So Cal.

Chief, you can bet I checked the VIN more than 3 times, and the "W" did it a half dozen times at least.

LatinV, yes, it was either "OUCH" or the Homer Simpson "Dooooooooooooh"

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
RODEO said:
...miataforum has too many moderators, I like it here better - ...
Of course you do. Once you've been banned from one forum, trolls like you just move on to another forum :lol::lol::lol::lol:
:glol:
:cool:

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
solsticeman said:
Of course you do. Once you've been banned from one forum, trolls like you just move on to another forum :lol::lol:
Ladies and gentlemen, he jests out of love :grouphug: :brentil: ;) :lol:

Don't doubt that trolling comes easily, I work very hard at it:

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
solsticeman said:
Of course you do. Once you've been banned from one forum, trolls like you just move on to another forum :lol::lol:
Ladies and gentlemen, he jests out of love :grouphug: :brentil: ;) :lol:

Don't believe that trolling is easy, I work very hard at it:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Rodeo, all you guys have so much parking space down there in So CA that you just pile cars up all over the place! No wonder LA has more cars than most countries! Guys like you can't decide which color, so what the hell, get 'em both! :lol:

Congratulations though, those are pretty cool cars no matter what they say. :thumbs:

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fformula88 said:
Your just jealous you don't have permission for a bigger avatar! :lol:
I'll need more avatar size permission once I buy my 2 Sols, then I can add them to our 2 MSMs and the 4x4 Isuzu Rodeo to make one kick*ss avatar - a mini movie maybe!

AeroDave said:
Guys like you can't decide which color, so what the hell, get 'em both! :lol:
Bing! Bing! Bing! We have a winner! The problem now is deciding which one to drive at any given time, decisions - decisions ;)

AeroDave said:
Congratulations though, those are pretty cool cars no matter what they say. :thumbs:
I can't hear what they're saying when I'm shifting to 6th at 80mph+ :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts