Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Nope, gonna hold off until the ALMS/WEC race in September and the F1 race in November.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is the last year that the rolex series and alms are separate :( so I wanna try and do both (living less that 100 miles from the track helps).

just as an fyi, the ticket info was just released today for the rolex series, $59 for a 2 day ticket, (all tickets) gets you paddock access too. $30 for onsite parking. MUCH more economical than F1 was.
Hopefully alms has a similar deal.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Saw that on the ticket prices. The whole Rolex weekend for less than I paid for the F1 parking pass...:glol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
saw your post on Friday; went online Saturday and ordered my tickets and parking pass. I figure it's a good opportunity to see the track and racing at a very reasonable price. I live north of San Antonio and I have a friend who lives close to the track so I figure I'll have free housing.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
That's a Good Thing(TM).

For F1 we had to stay in Selma. That was the only place we could get a hotel block for less than $350 a night. For these smaller races, I hope they don't jack up the hotel rates like they did for November.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, people aren't going to be traveling from all over the world for this, so I expect it will be a LOT more subdued.

Also, if there was much threat of either grand am or alms drawing giant crowds, odds are that merger wouldn't have happened. I only went for the F1 Friday practice, because I wanted to see the race on TV, plus I had put off hernia surgery just to go to the practice, two more days of all that walking would have destroyed me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts