Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see some roadsters have a built in roll bar and others do not. How important is a roll bar? Is it regulated by any type of safety law (everything else is).

I'll try to keep my Solstice right-side up on the road....just trying to cover all bases :wink

·
Registered
284 Posts
A rollbar can be critical for track days. If you rent out a track with your club you may not be able to run without a rollbar in a vert.

If you get competitive in SCCA autocross you will also need a rollbar.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I don't think that most loops provide much safety. I have not looked into it for a while but that was the case a few years back.

I hope someone can correct me if I'm wrong. It would be nice to have loops that provide good protection. They certainly look good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Some cars now have pop up roll bars. This may be to high end for the Solstce. My Z3 has the roll bars and BMW claims the wind shield frame will suport the weight of the car without the rollbars.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
windshield...never thought of that. It does look very meaty on the Solstice so maybe that's where they are going. Thanks.

·
Registered
281 Posts
check out the chassis pics in the gallery. the windshield support doesnt look sufficient to me, but really, what the hell do i know? :D you will also see an obvious "rollbar" situated behind the seats and below where the tonneau will be. this could maybe be used along with bars from the frame to it as structural reinforcement. hard to tell without the convertible top in the pic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts