Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have missed this thread, but did everybody agree to ignore the wrinkles in back of the roof and deny their existence to anyone that asks? :nopity:

·
4,592 Posts
stang said:
The first rule of Roof Wrinkles is, you do not talk about Roof Wrinkles. :jester:
Or lack of trunk space, or difficulty accessing trunk with roof up, or a slightly more compicated top operation than any other roadster on the market, etc etc etc :lol:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I think we've all mutually agreed that with the top coming right out of the back it's gonna be wrinkled but once it's up it will be pulled tight and then the warm sun should smooth them right out. Perhaps Excelsior will chime in on this thread and let us know what is up with the top. I myself am not that concerned, the roadster isn't all about how the top looks anyway! :cool:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I think we all understand that she has a few flaws, but she's beautiful and we love her anyway! ;)
Oh, and for me, the top will only be up in the carport and the 2 times a year that it rains.

·
Registered
152 Posts
lupin said:
I may have missed this thread, but did everybody agree to ignore the wrinkles in back of the roof and deny their existence to anyone that asks? :nopity:
uhhh....who plans on driving this with the roof up anyways?? :crazy:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guilty

Call me crazy, but anyone leaving the top-down while parked is going to have many visitors (some of whom may endulge themselves by leaving with your factory radio, shades, and/or car itself).

Also, not a big fan of birdsh*t, or the smell of leather after a spring rain.

:nono:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Top operation same as BMW 3 series

Editguy said:
I think we all understand that she has a few flaws, but she's beautiful and we love her anyway! ;)
Oh, and for me, the top will only be up in the carport and the 2 times a year that it rains.
I had a 1995 BMW 318 with the same type of top operation. Wrinkles weren't really a problem after the top was up for a little while. I would imagine the Solstice will be the same.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
lupin said:
Call me crazy, but anyone leaving the top-down while parked is going to have many visitors (some of whom may endulge themselves by leaving with your factory radio, shades, and/or car itself).

Also, not a big fan of birdsh*t, or the smell of leather after a spring rain.

:nono:
:lol: Who steals a factory radio? I understand your point, but I see nicer drop tops parked with the top down all the time and nobody messes with them. Don't you got that insurance? :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Que cares. ;)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
lupin said:
Also, not a big fan of birdsh*t.
:glol: :glol: :glol: I'm still chuckling !!!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Every last one I have seen were wrinkled. But still I think if it was up long enough the wrinkles would smooth out. I'm sure there is a fix if not.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
By the time all of the astonished and awestruck spectators finally get an opportunity to look for any roof wrinkles, the sun will have done it's job and ironed them away. I for one don't think the wrinkles will be anything that will be looked at except by envious foreign car drivers who are looking for something to pick about. I can take it. :cool:

·
Registered
265 Posts
beautiful car..

people have this beautiful car and yet whine about a few wrinkles in a cloth roof..

easy solution, keep it down!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.