Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My purchase order indicates I will pay factory MSRP. I've paid my $500 deposit and it's been cashed.

Rookie Question #1: Is my six letter "vehicle order number" listed on sheets labeled "Vehicle Order Detail" the same thing as a "VOM#" folks use in this forum?

Rookie Question #2: elsewhere I've been informed that the MSRP should be locked in once the order is in VOMS...but my dealership says: "Our best guess is your Solstice will be built late in the First Quarter of 2006....since it will be built after January 1, 2006 it's very likely Pontiac will have a small price increase of 3% to 6%." Am I being screwed?

Rookie Question #3: Dealer was allocated and took 10 initial orders; I am #8. If my preliminary order was accepted during the first week of May 2005, does March 2006 make sense?

Final Rookie Question: There are five lines of "order re-edited" with "Event Code 2030" listed onf the "Vehicle Order Event History". I haven't changed my order at all. Is this normal, and does Code 2030 mean I'm just in preorder hell?

·
5,641 Posts
Solace said:
Question #1: Is my six letter "vehicle order number" listed on sheets labeled "Vehicle Order Detail" the same thing as a "VOM#" folks use in this forum?

Question #2: elsewhere I've been informed that the MSRP should be locked in once the order is in VOMS...but my dealership says: "Our best guess is your Solstice will be built late in the First Quarter of 2006....since it will be built after January 1, 2006 it's very likely Pontiac will have a small price increase of 3% to 6%." Am I being screwed?

Question #3: Dealer was allocated and took 10 initial orders; I am #8. If my preliminary order was accepted during the first week of May 2005, does March 2006 make sense?

Final Question: There are five lines of "order re-edited" with "Event Code 2030" listed onf the "Vehicle Order Event History". I haven't changed my order at all. Is this normal, and does Code 2030 mean I'm just in preorder hell?
#1. Yes, should start with the letter "J", I think from the time frame you ordered the car.

#2. Unknown since it is the future. But do not worry. If the order is in VOMS in the name that it will be delivered to when it is built, it is price protected from any price increase. In other words, you get the price at time of order, not time of delivery.

#3. Think the dealer is being very conservative. You post that you are #8 in their First Four Month Allocation of 10. That should mean that your order is "picked up" by Pontiac very late in the third month or early in the fourth month. If I had to give you an estimate, I would guess December-January, not March.

#4. Event code #2030, appears to be just some house cleaning functions. Adding code for production proccesses that is not in the ordering code packages. All the orders I had looked at have simular multiple #2030s.

Don't know if I have said this to you before, but if you are a ways out, check out the GM Master Card ( http://www.gmcard.com ) to see if it could work for you. If the program renews October 1st, at the current levels, you could earn up to $1,000 in "rebate earnings" to lower your sales price (may be even your taxable sales price, depending on your state).

Edited out the "rookie" from your questions, we are all "rookies" as far as the Solstice goes.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Small Dealer!

Yep...it starts with a "J"

Actually I got the GM Card years ago and have $3500 waiting to apply to the final sale.

Your note that "it is price protected from any price increase. In other words, you get the price at time of order, not time of delivery" is what has me concerned. Why the heck is my dealership talking about Jan 1 2006 increases when my order is in?

·
5,641 Posts
Solace said:
Thanks Small Dealer!

Actually I got the GM Card years ago and have $3500 waiting to apply to the final sale.

Your note that "it is price protected from any price increase. In other words, you get the price at time of order, not time of delivery" is what has me concerned. Why the heck is my dealership talking about Jan 1 2006 increases when my order is in?
GM Card: :thumbs: :thumbs:

As far as price increases, may be them being conservative again and trying to CYA. The "Price Protection Program" (05-20-1) runs October 1, 2004 to Septmber 30, 2005. So there is a possibility that GM will not renew the policy. Although is has been in place forever. I would not worry. Just keep your buyers order with pricing and VOMS order number from when you ordered.

There has also been lots of speculation here on site that the $19,995 price is an intergral part of the Solstice that it would be hard for GM to raise. Especially in mid-year with so many orders already in.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Solace said:
Thanks Small Dealer!

the only problem with the GM card savings is it May or May not be used on the Solstice or Sky, and if it is then there could be a limit of how much you can apply to it ... some dealers will still take more even if gm says a $1000 dollar limit or none can be used at all....
When i bought my truck GM had a $1,500 limit to what could be used on it, and it varied with each different car or truck.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Solace said:
Final Rookie Question: There are five lines of "order re-edited" with "Event Code 2030" listed onf the "Vehicle Order Event History". I haven't changed my order at all. Is this normal, and does Code 2030 mean I'm just in preorder hell?
Solace, when did you order? I put mine in mid-april and am at the same event code...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Classic66vair said:
the only problem with the GM card savings is it May or May not be used on the Solstice or Sky, and if it is then there could be a limit of how much you can apply to it ... some dealers will still take more even if gm says a $1000 dollar limit or none can be used at all....
When i bought my truck GM had a $1,500 limit to what could be used on it, and it varied with each different car or truck.
Classic66vair, you and I having fun today aren't we....

I have been to the GM Card website and called them 3 times.

First, the Solstice is officially listed as being able to take up to $1000 off the price. I don't know about the Sky.

Second, if you have an older Blue Card (and I think there are others, like the old Gold Card) you can take any amount you have on the card (which can be up to $3500 = $500 limit per year for 7 years), regardless of the posted per car limit.

Third, I am under the impression that the GM Card is a GM thing, and not dealer associated in any way. Therefore, the Dealer can not "not" let you use it for whatever value you are eligible for.

Forth, my GM card is in my name, even though the Solstice will be only in my wife's name. I asked if she could use my card's savings and the answer was yes. As long as we are legally married and live at the same address, she can use my savings.

Needless to say I am in "full steam ahead mode" to get my 2005 $500 on my card.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bonzo said:
Second, if you have an older Blue Card (and I think there are others, like the old Gold Card) you can take any amount you have on the card (which can be up to $3500 = $500 limit per year for 7 years), regardless of the posted per car limit.
:agree: I Talked with GM Card several times on this. Those of us with the old cards are grandfathered in. I have about $3300 accumulated due to a purchase 7 years ago.

Bonzo said:
Forth, my GM card is in my name, even though the Solstice will be only in my wife's name. I asked if she could use my card's savings and the answer was yes. As long as we are legally married and live at the same address, she can use my savings.
My mom is a authorized user on my card as when I was in college she would often charge large purchases (College tuition, property taxes, etc) to the card and pay that amount to the credit card to accrue the maximum rebate. I always kept the card payed off to avoid any finance charges. At the time I had my Gold card and I was able to save up to $1,000 per year while the blue card was limited to $500. Now the Gold and Blue card at limited to $500/year. When my parent's went to buy a Cavalier for my brother 7 years ago, my mom was able to use my GM card earnings even though we did not live at the same address since she was an authorized user on my account. If you want to share your GM Card earings with someone, just add then to be an authorized user on your account!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sight Unseen: I ordered via fax the last week in April, deposit check cleared the first week of May.

I have the old GM card and have been told I can use the full $3500 built up over 7 (now almost 8) years.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Solace said:
Sight Unseen: I ordered via fax the last week in April, deposit check cleared the first week of May.

Wow, congrats on that...looks like we are inthe same boat. Hoping for pre-Dec delivery myslef at this point

Cadilac cricket told me not even to bother checking the VOM status for another 3/4 weeks...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Status Event Codes

I've seen an abbreviated version of this elsewhere on SolFor...this came from 'VetteFor:

STATUS EVENT CODES
1100-Order placed at dealer
1101-Order accepted by GM
2001-Order generated to dealer
2005-Order replaced with GM Prospec order
2050-Order changed
2500-Order sent to production, preferenced
3000-Order accepted by production control
3100-Order available to sequence (now the tpw becomes more stable)
3300-Order selected for production by assembly plant
3400-Order broadcasted for production
3800-Vehicle produced
4150-Vehicled invoiced to dealer
4200-Vehicle shipped
5000-Vehicle delivered to dealer
6000-Vehicle delivered to customer

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks Solace, mind if I add some of those to the sales FAQ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts