Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I FINALLY GOT IT! My new 2008 Pontaic Solstice GXP in Magnetic :willy:

The car is stock and is in the 2008 model year only Magnetic paint color with a manual transmission. :thumbs:

To my knowledge, the Magnetic color only has 274 examples in existence. Add that it is a GXP and a Manual Transmission and that number goes down even more. Still don't know how many of those there are but if anyone knows, please chime in!

A few pictures to celebrate :lurk:

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Sweet! Congrats! Hope your coming to the cruise with us this sunday starting at bakers! You can learm a lot in just a few short hours!

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Well done! Enjoy the further exclusivity of rare color on a rare car.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet! Congrats! Hope your coming to the cruise with us this sunday starting at bakers! You can learm a lot in just a few short hours!
I almost forgot, I live in New York City now! I would go but that is a bit far for me now. I should be there for the Woodward Dream Cruise though!

Well done! Enjoy the further exclusivity of rare color on a rare car.
Thanks! :thumbs:

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Awesome. Love that color. If I ever need to repaint my Mysterious, I'm using Magnetic.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
It's a very dark grey or black with a heavy metallic flake in it. Otherwise known as Carbon Flash on several Saturn models.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome to the Magnetic club.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Jesus. What a ****ty looking house!
Lol just so everyone knows, this picture with the house in the background is reedred's neighbor as the photo was taken in his driveway.

He just thinks he's so cool with his sky redline lol.

Welcom to the Magnetic club.
:cool: I'm from Oakland County, Michigan btw. We will have to meet up for the Woodward Dream Cruise

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Lol just so everyone knows, this picture with the house in the background is reedred's neighbor as the photo was taken in his driveway.

He just thinks he's so cool with his sky redline lol.
That's not it. Christmas 2008 was over 4 and a half years ago. The ****ing lights need to come down already. Even one of the horses on the shutters couldn't take it anymore and left.

Way to ruin me being an *******, BTW.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks black to me?

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
A little bit of history on the latest metallic paints:

Almost all manufacturers went to metallic darker colors in 2008 as a way of hiding the spider webbing affect of the paint. When the Tsunami hit Japan in 2011, alsmost all manufacturers stopped production of the metallic colors due to the mine that supplied almost 100% of the metal flake being in the radioactive "hot zone" from the nuclear plant melt-down. I know that Ford actually went back to non-metal flake paints for about 3 months during this time period.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey he has priorities car first then house next.kinda funny story ,went for an oil change ,kid working there commented on my Sol ,he liked it.He said what he really wants is an Avalanche,I told him I have a Black 10 LTZ,he said he would give anything for one of them.Kinda of how I felt when the Sol first came out,the next part got me.I asked him if he had a house yet ,he said no ,why how much does that LTZ cost,I told him in in the 50s .He said he would buy a Avalanche before he bought a house,I said well then get a good paying job or you won't be able to afford either one.Priorities I guess.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone. I have put on GM Stage 1 on the car since I got it and it has been great.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts