Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to hear input from any and all Rotrex owners. What is your experience? I'm ready to pull the trigger, but trying to decide between Hahn stage 3 turbo, or the upgraded Rotrex kit from DDM. Your input is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Basically, I like it. It fits in between a root blower & a turbo (I came from the aviation world & DON'T like heat). Because it acts like a turbo with the bypass valve, I've got mine set to 2 lbs before it lifts. Don't need an SC boost in Dallas traffic. The root kit's torque curve is linear and provides better boost at low rpms. Rotrex acts more like a turbo in that it provides peak power at higher rpms. If you're not local to DDM, you will need HP Tuners to be able to send the tune back & forth in case there's a problem.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Basically, I like it. It fits in between a root blower & a turbo (I came from the aviation world & DON'T like heat). Because it acts like a turbo with the bypass valve, I've got mine set to 2 lbs before it lifts. Don't need an SC boost in Dallas traffic. The root kit's torque curve is linear and provides better boost at low rpms. Rotrex acts more like a turbo in that it provides peak power at higher rpms. If you're not local to DDM, you will need HP Tuners to be able to send the tune back & forth in case there's a problem.
Has anyone installed a roots or twinscrew on a Kappa car?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had a cobalt SS SC and while my solstice has more horsepower and is faster in many ways the cobalt felt quicker and more responsive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts