Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rowan1008 (VIN #11) and HYPUR (VIN #22) -- haven't heard from you guys in a while!

Do you have your cars yet?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
mcbman said:
Rowan1008 (VIN #11) and HYPUR (VIN #22) -- haven't heard from you guys in a while!

I believe the silence is a resounding yes :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mcbman said:

So... Are you guys busy cruisin' around or what?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
It's possible they don't yet. My VIN #30 is still missing and very close in build time to theirs.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am Vin#16 and the dealer said yesterday it was released for shippment but still in the yard. Do you know if thay will come to Ohio my train than truck or truck all the way???

·
Registered
135 Posts
Don't forget obout me

mceb said:
It's possible they don't yet. My VIN #30 is still missing and very close in build time to theirs.
Don't forget about 007. Still waiting. Called EOP HQ and this time they checked into it and found it still at the plant. They are going to make some more phone calls to try to find out what's going on. I'll keep you posted, but October 24 sure is getting here quickly. :(

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Looks like its a last in, first out sort of thing. The lower number cars are probably at the back of the Wilmington lot, blocked in by several hundred of the higher VINS. The first 100 may possibly end up being the last to ship. Sorry guys. :(

·
Registered
515 Posts
dengel said:
Looks like its a last in, first out sort of thing. The lower number cars are probably at the back of the Wilmington lot, blocked in by several hundred of the higher VINS. The first 100 may possibly end up being the last to ship. Sorry guys. :(
Sorry? You're my HERO!

·
Registered
135 Posts
dengel said:
Yea, my guess is quality control got better as they ramped up, and those produced first are sitting in a parking lot to go back through the plant for fixes. I hope that doesn't equate to more problems in the long run for the first off the line.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yea, looking at the VIN list, many of ones below 50 got stuck in limbo.

Agree looks like first done, last out.

I haven't been bothering my dealer too much but today I did call a bit more agitated then usual. I told him to contact that GM business center and find the car's location.

The weather the last couple of weeks around here in NJ is so great.

·
4,592 Posts
mceb said:
Yea, looking at the VIN list, many of ones below 50 got stuck in limbo.

Agree looks like first done, last out.

I haven't been bothering my dealer too much but today I did call a bit more agitated then usual. I told him to contact that GM business center and find the car's location.

The weather the last couple of weeks around here in NJ is so great.
Wow, I really feel for you guys. When I bought my MSM Hold-me-over in early January I really had to challenge the idea of "what if the Sol comes out in early summer, and I could have waited till then". Looks like I made the right call. I never intended to order an EOP, I wanted to see the Solstices on the lots so I could see/drive them. so imagine how long I would have been waiting to have some fun :brentil:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Sol Deep said:
Yea, my guess is quality control got better as they ramped up, and those produced first are sitting in a parking lot to go back through the plant for fixes. I hope that doesn't equate to more problems in the long run for the first off the line.
Or on a train back to Wilmington as is the word mssleeper got. Shipped to Birmingham, sit in rail yard, load back up and supposedly on its way back to plant? How many cars are going through this extra shipping and rework?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sol Deep said:
Could be... But, at what point (what number) did the "quality control" get better? which ones are in the parking lot? 1-50? 1-100? 1-200?
It sure seems like a lot of 200's have been delivered this week... Hell, I dunno!

·
Registered
316 Posts
If there's any here in central Ohio except the Dealer who bought VIN#100 (I think it was #100) for display, I havent heard about it or seen 'em and I know as of today my dealer hasnt got any of ours yet. :cryin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts