Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've got several hundred miles on my LNF Rolla now, but what's the deal with the slow decel when you lift on these engines?! Unless you do a 5 count between shifts it impossible to match the rpm. For example if I goose the throttle in neutral say to 4k rpm, it must take 5 seconds just to drop back to 3k. According to Vince at Trifecta this is not editable, and put in there for emission reasons - quick snapping shut of the throttle plate spikes HCs.

So, do you all have this same thing? Any cures? Any of you with HP Tuner etc, can you edit this?

You can't even rev at stop lights to initiate a race without sounding like a tool...

-J

DBW, response, slow, gas,

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Welcome to the GM 100,000 mile power train warranty. :lol:

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,527 Posts
For example if I goose the throttle in neutral say to 4k rpm, it must take 5 seconds just to drop back to 3k. According to Vince at Trifecta this is not editable, and put in there for emission reasons - quick snapping shut of the throttle plate spikes HCs.

So, do you all have this same thing? Any cures? Any of you with HP Tuner etc, can you edit this?
This was one of the first things I noticed when I got the car in 2005. No cures. You get used to it, and ignore it for the most part.

Have fun.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Your engine should have a rev limit of 3k when sitting still. It shouldn't go past that no matter how hard you press the throttle....unless you're rolling.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I know it sucks, first thing I noticed when driving a late model GM car. Technology, 1 step forward, 2 back. I like the throttle response in my solstice, but the RPM response is something to get used to...

But like DaveOC said, you do get used to it, and you will eventually learn to rev match with it.

BTW, I know you've posted several threads, But that LNF Corolla is one of the baddest ass swaps I've ever seen!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I know it sucks, first thing I noticed when driving a late model GM car. Technology, 1 step forward, 2 back. I like the throttle response in my solstice, but the RPM response is something to get used to...

But like DaveOC said, you do get used to it, and you will eventually learn to rev match with it.

BTW, I know you've posted several threads, But that LNF Corolla is one of the baddest ass swaps I've ever seen!

Thanks man, it is hella fun to drive. You get some wild looks when a corolla is in a 35mph powerslide.

Well it sounds like i'll have to get use to it. i dont currently have the cpp hooked up, i wonder if that makes it worse. i also do not get any rpm limit either.

So do you guys not have the ability to rev/blip the throttle at a stand still? even with the clutch in? how am i supposed to initiate races!?:)

-J

·
Registered
343 Posts
Your engine should have a rev limit of 3k when sitting still. It shouldn't go past that no matter how hard you press the throttle....unless you're rolling.
? is that something removed with the trifecta tune or only on auto transmissions? because my engine revs to redline in neutral.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Never tried to redline but I have definitely revved past 3k.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts