Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So I just recently started having this problem with my turbo LE5 2006 Solstice where when I'm cruising, if I let off the throttle and either depress the clutch or put the car in neutral, the rpms will hang up around 1500 for a few seconds, then 1100 for a few seconds, before finally returning to idle. It seems like it doesn't even return to idle until the vehicle is completely stopped. So far, I've cleaned the throttle body, cleaned the MAF, reset the fuel trim (with a scan tool), and quickly checked for vac leaks with a can of starting fluid to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I went to the shop this morning and did the more thorough vacuum leak check, and I'm 99% sure there are none. I cleaned the throttle body again and reset the fuel trim again by disconnecting the battery this time. I did notice that when this happens, the tps sensor goes down from whatever throttle I was giving it to about 11% as it idles high, and then when the vehicle stops and it goes to normal idle, the tps drops to about 8%. I would put a tps in it, but it looks like I have to replace the whole throttle body. Any ideas?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been having the same problem with my 2007 Ion 2.4L. Did you manage to find a solution? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
384 Posts
How is this negatively affecting the performance of your vehicle in your application? I think a few seconds (3) of RPM float/hang is not out of the ordinary (for a NA), assuming it returns to 800-900 RPM after this time. Unless you specifically noted something has changed...then disregard.

Just curious tech question here, can boost make your idle hang longer?

·
Registered
384 Posts
How is this negatively affecting the performance of your vehicle in your application? I think a few seconds (3) of RPM float/hang is not out of the ordinary (for a NA), assuming it returns to 800-900 RPM after this time. Unless you specifically noted something has changed...then disregard.

Just curious tech question here, can boost make your idle hang longer?
I cleaned my throttle body with carb clean yesterday. After putting some miles on it, it now has this condition!! It will hang around 1,000-1,300 RPM, indefinitely sometimes :(

Found this on it

I cleaned the TB because it threw a P2101

·
Registered
384 Posts
Weird observation this morning.

It will hang around 2,100 RPM (where I am cruising at) after I quickly clutch in and pull the stick into neutral, then let off the clutch. I did this a few times to confirm: it will return to idle right when I push in the clutch.

My high idle from yesterday seems to have gone (this is what other people mention in other posts about the 2.4 high idle after TB clean).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine does the rpm hang
I find I have to let off the gas wait a sec then push in clutch and shift.
If I don't the revs climb and and you sound like you don't know how to drive a standard.
The car idles fine.
Just doesn't drop its rpm when you let up on the gas pedal.

Could this be a idle air control valve issue?

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I didn't see a resolution here so here's my couple pennies...

My 2008 LE5 did the same thing after I installed the Hahn Stage II kit with the Hahn high flow cat. RPM hang during shifts and while rolling. It did not do it before. The car had 7K miles when I installed the turbo kit, so throttle body wear was ruled out. Vector Motorsports did the tune. I sent it back to them with a detailed descripition of what it was doing. They re-tuned it and it's ran perfectly ever since. I would highly recommend having whoever did the tune check it out. Good luck!

Billy

·
Registered
257 Posts
aside from mechanical issues, a hanging idle or if the car wants to drive itself in gear at certain rpms(no engine brake) means the base running airflow table needs adjustment in those rpm zones or maybe no dfco.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts