Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,728 Posts
Did not have an RPM tune but did do a tune from a local shop after I modified my 2.4 .The tuner said on a stock engine I probably would be disappointed with the results given the cost because the improvement would be minimal .

·
Premium Member
3,728 Posts
It was a custom tune that took into account all the mods that were on the car at the time GM CAI , Jet Power mass air flo sensor , header ,high flo cat , Magnaflow exhaust , a 5 speed , it removed some of the restrictions (I hope that's the proper terminology ) built into the car and required the use of at least 91 octane fuel . I never had the car dynoed but it was definitely a noticeable change as far as performance goes .

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
It was a custom tune that took into account all the mods that were on the car at the time GM CAI , Jet Power mass air flo sensor , header ,high flo cat , Magnaflow exhaust , a 5 speed , it removed some of the restrictions (I hope that's the proper terminology ) built into the car and required the use of at least 91 octane fuel . I never had the car dynoed but it was definitely a noticeable change as far as performance goes .
Sting Ya what restrictions were removed?

·
Super Moderator
7,012 Posts
I think sending the hardware across the world is making things too complicated so I that takes RPM and DDM off the short list
I don't understand why you think international shipping is too complicated. There can be a time vs money consideration, but I just got a package from the Netherlands in about the same time, and for about the same cost, as one from Wyoming.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not think international shipping is complicated, I do that on a weekly basis, almost all my Kappa parts origin from the US, and remember I even shipped a whole car international :)

Problem is that when there is anything wrong or needs to be redone or changed one is stuck, because either the ECM has to be reshipped or the tuning hardware needs to be reshipped.

With trifecta one buys the cable and at any time a tune can be emailed by them and installed by myself. Which also comes in handy in case a dealer would do an over write.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks ! I am aware of Mike his channel and this is indeed a great and very informative video !

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I don't understand why you think international shipping is too complicated. There can be a time vs money consideration, but I just got a package from the Netherlands in about the same time, and for about the same cost, as one from Wyoming.
brake reservoir?
Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts