Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Track Nights are put on by the SCCA. So you're saying that RPM has a bar for Track Nights that meets the requirements? No forward or rear bracing? I want to see this. Any pictures?
I've been to a number of SCCA Track Nights and other HPDE events. Others on the forum have also.

·
Super Moderator
6,287 Posts
That looks nice. I'm sure it's a little cramped in there. Will the door on the waterfall still open and close? I'd like to see a few more pictures of the inside and where it mounts.
Again, that looks really nice.
Did you read this thread from the beginning? There are a number of interior and installation pictures in it.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
@syjos I like your solution to the bar/console intersection challenge. Is that just foam rollbar padding?

·
Registered
334 Posts
@syjos I like your solution to the bar/console intersection challenge. Is that just foam rollbar padding?
It's black foam, cut and wrapped around the tube and taped in back with electricians tape.

I cut U shaped holes/slot in the console cover from the back instead of the sides and slid the cover on. Rollbar padding was not thick enough to hide the slots so I cut the foam on a bandsaw to the required thickness.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you read this thread from the beginning? There are a number of interior and installation pictures in it.
Yes I did read most of the thread. Those pictures really helped a lot. It appears that the waterfall door will become useless once that type of bar is put in.
Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Oh, yeah: the waterfall cubby door won’t open. Some have just removed the door to keep access to the compartment. I’ve only used the cubby a handful of times in five years, so I just left the door on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts
That looks nice. I'm sure it's a little cramped in there. Will the door on the waterfall still open and close?
Again, that looks really nice.
The waterfall storage is unusable. I never used the waterfall storage so left the door in place.

I'm 6' 1", 175#, 33" inseam. The rollbar does not intrude into my space at all. The seat goes all the way back. I can shift into second, fourth and reverse without hitting elbows. My right shoulder touches the tube once in a while but my helmet does not hit the tubes.

The rollbar makes getting in the seat easier with top down. I use it as a handhold.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Honestly, in the car, I barely notice the bar. It looks like it'd intrude quite a bit, but, in practice, it's a non-issue.
Now, I can't move the seat all the way back with it raised up most of the way (useless power seat), but I really don't care. If I want the seat up, I move it forward, and still can't see over the fenders.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts