Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,309 Posts
Thanks, John! You are always so helpful with the electrical stuff!

I pulled the plugs and checked that all the pins are straight. When I hit the mute on the steering wheel the stereo shows on the display that it is muted/unmuted. I'm having a hard time reading that second photo. I'll try to check those pins in the morning. I'm done with this beeyotch for today.

Do I need to check the output from the back of the radio, or the X1 plug?
You're always welcome. Sorry it isn't more clear.

I think you are going to have to go into the back of the connector so that you can check it while it is plugged into the radio.

The connector pin map is really all you need, the schematic is just to reinforce the pin labels.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The connector pin map is really all you need, the schematic is just to reinforce the pin labels.
So that pin map is the orientation looking at the front of the plug? I need to reverse it when looking from the back?

Does the amp power ALL the speakers or just the sub? I'm getting nothing from any speaker.

·
Registered
78 Posts
A bit at a loss, but possible that it go damaged unintentionally by me. I have swapped couple of chips back and forth on my other radio without issues but something might have happened to that one. Vehicle side is likely to be fine as the other radio had all the chimes working. Sent a refund.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
A bit at a loss, but possible that it go damaged unintentionally by me. I have swapped couple of chips back and forth on my other radio without issues but something might have happened to that one. Vehicle side is likely to be fine as the other radio had all the chimes working. Sent a refund.
Thanks, man. I didn't expect that. The radio seemed intact after shipping. I'll probably just put the first one back in and try to get to someone with a Tech II ASAP. I live in a small town and there are only a few shops that have them.

·
Super Moderator
6,309 Posts
So that pin map is the orientation looking at the front of the plug? I need to reverse it when looking from the back?

Does the amp power ALL the speakers or just the sub? I'm getting nothing from any speaker.
Yes. Yes

Yes, all of the speakers, including the sub.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The only shop in town that has a Tech II couldn't get me in for several weeks. With summer dwindling away, I didn't want to be without my music any longer. I found a refurbished USB type stereo on eBay and installed it yesterday. It powered up and made music the instant it was turned on! I even got a free XM radio trial period! No programming needed. Same as the UUI stereo I originally tried.

I'll still try to unlock the first stereo... just to prove it can be done. But for now, this was the path of least resistance and I have music again!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts