Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Baby got her first bath today, I was as nervous as she was! Lotsa rinse water prior and after, very soft sheeps wool mitt to massage (wash) and a chamois dry. I still kept the water off the glass as well as I could and tried not to hit the rubber seals too much. It came out great but a word of caution: always wash the car with the trunk on the downward side of your driveway, mine was the other way and I got a large puddle between the two big "boobs" on the trunk and it laid up aginst the rear bottom of the convertible top. Lotsa brake dust too on the wheels, is that normal for only 220 miles? Wheels (alum) came clean very easily and were very slick and smooth to wipe.

·
Registered
496 Posts
brake dust

OZ40 said:
Baby got her first bath today, I was as nervous as she was! Lotsa rinse water prior and after, very soft sheeps wool mitt to massage (wash) and a chamois dry. I still kept the water off the glass as well as I could and tried not to hit the rubber seals too much. It came out great but a word of caution: always wash the car with the trunk on the downward side of your driveway, mine was the other way and I got a large puddle between the two big "boobs" on the trunk and it laid up aginst the rear bottom of the convertible top. Lotsa brake dust too on the wheels, is that normal for only 220 miles? Wheels (alum) came clean very easily and were very slick and smooth to wipe.
I am actually surprised how little break dust I am getting and I have 2500 KM on it and only washed the rims once

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it's called

I think it's called "auto"eroticism ... Remember the rock band "Queen"s song "I'm in love with my car"? Well...on a serious note since I sold my custom show van it's been a while since I washed a vehicle with a paint job that is as nice as the one on my Solstice, so re-introducing myself to being super careful and meticulous wasn't easy. I did remember to remove my belt and don a pullover shirt so I wouldn't scratch the finish with buckles or buttons while washing and drying it..

·
Registered
31 Posts
brake dust

OZ40 - keep checking at your local auto parts store and www.raybestos.com

When 'front' ceramic brake pads become available for the Solstice,,,,,buy and install. Your black, dirty wheel problem will be gone forever. ;)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's something in...

PhxSunCat said:
OZ40 - keep checking at your local auto parts store and www.raybestos.com

When 'front' ceramic brake pads become available for the Solstice,,,,,buy and install. Your black, dirty wheel problem will be gone forever. ;)
There's something up in my garage too! I have a Midget (1969) in my garage! Thanks for the ceramic pad tip!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ya missed a spot on the right rear fender!!!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
LOL Fortimir! ahahahahahahahaah
ohh gawd, your killing me.
hah your such a nut....(In a good way) lol

I cant stop laughing. LOL.

..post #360

·
Registered
191 Posts
Most vehicles nowadays come equipped standard with ceramic brake pads straight from the factory. The dust you see is a result of the break in period of said pads. these pads need between 250 and 500 miles to wear in to the rotors. After that, brake dust should be minimal

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
jerzkid said:
Most vehicles nowadays come equipped standard with ceramic brake pads straight from the factory. The dust you see is a result of the break in period of said pads. these pads need between 250 and 500 miles to wear in to the rotors. After that, brake dust should be minimal
my 2003 Monte Carlo has the origonal brakes on it, and I have 50,000 miles on it and it still turns the wheels black....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts