Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Whut rubber duckie?

There was a National Meet last week? Oh yeah, :cuss: almost forgot, considering the virtual blackout of information (here & over on the SKY site) coming out of Flagstaff during the past two weeks. Ah, for the good ole days, :sorry: when people posted up stories and pics here regarding their experiences at the annual event.

·
Super Moderator
16,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I posted daily on my thread.

I and many others have not enjoyed the constant barrage of negative waves on the Sky site. I made my inputs on this subject there and observed no change. I choose to enjoy the Sol site. Go clean up Skyroadster and people may return. Or come over here to find out what is happening. Your choice.

·
Super Moderator
16,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had I known this was the case, SLY would have found a way to make it sans Great Danes.
My duck has writing all over his butt. . . . Hmmmm

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
I posted daily on my thread.
I noticed that. A build thread seemed an odd place to post pics of an event. I hadn't looked at that thread in a year or so and was just searching for any pics from the nats I could find.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I and many others have not enjoyed the constant barrage of negative waves on the Sky site. I made my inputs on this subject there and observed no change. I choose to enjoy the Sol site. Go clean up Skyroadster and people may return. Or come over here to find out what is happening. Your choice.
Yah, the Sky site has really gone downhill. It's a lot more interesting here. I always look forward to your Punisher thread. It's up to 80 pages now :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
The Sky threads.... Well.... The same thing was going on here until a few of us spoke up about attitudes. I posted something over there and I got LIT UP! So I won't go back. It's sad when that starts to happen to a forum. Basically unless someone over there stands up and tells them they're being rude, the end will follow. I belonged to a forum, Yellow Mustang Registry Home that was a hopping forum. 500+ posts per day....now they're lucky if they have 20 posts a day. All because of a few people that couldn't control their fingers.... Sad when the begining of the end starts....

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Que sera, sera.

I and many others have not enjoyed the constant barrage of negative waves on the Sky site.
Didn't mean to start a family feud. Only mentioned the sister site because, just like over here, no one bothered to start and update any on-location threads from the Nationals. It was like that last year too; and would chalk it up to the newer social-media options, and peoples' addiction to them.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Didn't mean to start a family feud. Only mentioned the sister site because, just like over here, no one bothered to start and update any on-location threads from the Nationals. It was like that last year too; and would chalk it up to the newer social-media options, and peoples' addiction to them.
I saw a couple posts on FB, but not many...

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
It's very easy to quickly post pics and comments on Facebook from a smartphone. Not so much on the forums.
I plan to post a bunch of pics and videos here when I get back home in a few days.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
The Sky threads.... Well.... The same thing was going on here until a few of us spoke up about attitudes. I posted something over there and I got LIT UP! So I won't go back. It's sad when that starts to happen to a forum. Basically unless someone over there stands up and tells them they're being rude, the end will follow. I belonged to a forum, Yellow Mustang Registry Home that was a hopping forum. 500+ posts per day....now they're lucky if they have 20 posts a day. All because of a few people that couldn't control their fingers.... Sad when the begining of the end starts....
Ghost redirected my comment here: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/forum-decorum-67664/

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Nice pics!!! Looks like good times!!! Can't wait for next year when it is closer ...Poconos and I can go.:thumbs:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Will be there aswell.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Rob, it was great being able to get at least one run in with you! Your car is stunning in the bright sunlight:yesnod::thumbs:

And I agree that we needed wider gaps between cars to be able to throughly enjoy the Mingus Mountain twisty's!!

Here's our Duckies!!
Hope to be able to share our great Northwest roads with a Nationals audience to 2015:grouphug:

It will be up to us to provide as great a time as we had at this year's event and better.

Steve & Dar

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts