Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
email from dealer...

Hello Frank...Just an update on your order it looks like there are some delays on this order _______ . As of today 8-25-2005 it has not been released to the carrier. Once it has it is aproximatly 11-14 days of intransit shipping time. So we are at least 2 weeks away if not more I will get an update again on the 31st from G.M and will relay the messages to you. I was hopefull we would be getting it this month I will wait until we get firmer imformation before I get both of our hopes up. Thank you for your continued patience best regards John ______
:( :willy: :cryin: :cuss: :skep:

the car was due on this coming Monday the 29th...bummer

·
Registered
576 Posts
Delay?

Mine is scheduled for Monday the 29th as well. Did they give you any more rational for the delay? :willy:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Mine was due on the 18th. It was shipped out on the 5th. It has now been in Birmingham, AL since Monday where it was taken off the train, and no one knows when it is planning on heading 1.15hrs to Auburn. :willy: This is what I got from my dealer today.

I got an update late yesterday. The dealer business center said the car was still in the quality inspection and they had not eta for it to be in Opelika. I do not know when your car will be here. I do not know the process of a quality inspection. When it is released to be put on a truck it will take a day or so to get here. It is put on a truck with 7 to 10 other units and the driver may have to stop at several dealerships between here and Birmingham.
I will let you know if I have any new information.
GM if you are listening, what is going on???? :nono:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I know right now

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
mssleepr said:
Mine was due on the 18th. It was shipped out on the 5th. It has now been in Birmingham, AL since Monday where it was taken off the train, and no one knows when it is planning on heading 1.15hrs to Auburn. :willy: This is what I got from my dealer today.

I got an update late yesterday. The dealer business center said the car was still in the quality inspection and they had not eta for it to be in Opelika. I do not know when your car will be here. I do not know the process of a quality inspection. When it is released to be put on a truck it will take a day or so to get here. It is put on a truck with 7 to 10 other units and the driver may have to stop at several dealerships between here and Birmingham.
I will let you know if I have any new information.
GM if you are listening, what is going on???? :nono:
What's your vin # Ms? Looks like 8/2-8/4 were bad days on the line.

It seems like they ramped up and broke down

·
Registered
305 Posts
Everything seems wierd. Cars being held, or returned to the factory.
Quality inspections AFTER they leave the factory??? This seems
strange other than a quick look see for damage during transit, but to me this
seems like more. There are so few cars released and the ones that were
released seem to be stalled for "quality inspections" sounds like something
did not happen right in the first place, or something was missed in certain cases. Thus we need to hold all cars and take a look.

After me bugging the dealer several days ago they finally emailed me
saying they talked to the dealer customer center and my car was
targeted to be built this week 8/22. But still no VIN #. They said they may have it tomorrow??? I hope so.

I am hoping the known issues have been resolved and my car was built properly , thus it can avoid "in transit quality inspections" other than
normal damage inspections which I am sure do occur.

What everyone here is expieriencing seems to be out of the normal process
when a F%*# Up has occured.

I am keeping my hopes up that if mine was built this week I MAY see it in a MONTH???

Can we all say Sept. 21????????????? :lol:

Enjoy and keep the solstice faith!!!!!!!!!!! :grouphug:

Later! :cool:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Given all the news reports of delays, and cars not being delivered how many still believe Pontiac can still hit their 10,000 cars by end of 2005? We knew that problems were going to occur building a new platform, and the wait has been bad for nearly everyone so far.

My hope is all 1st 1000 cars and 1st allocations do get made before years end. For those of us lucky enough to have received our cars, let's say a prayer for those still wating. :(

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
By their own calculations, GM has until the end of September to get the 1stK cars out. The next group will be the "2 yr free maintenance" consolation cars, which had a projected delivery date of October.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts