Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Rules for Posting in the For Sale Area

5K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Super Serg 
#1 ·
Rules for posting in the for-sale area are a bit different from those in the other parts of the forum, and you have a lot less freedom when it comes to posting here.

This area is for the listing of cars or car-related items that you personally own.

Posts about cars or items for sale that you do not personally own are technically prohibited, but some have been allowed due to the service they may provide to the community. Work is underway for a "Deals" area for these type of posts, and any posted in the "For Sale" area will be moved once that work is complete.

Posts about commercially-made products are also technically prohibited but again, some have been allowed from cottage industries due to their benefit to the community. Work is also underway for a "Small Manufacturer" area, but Vertical Scope (our owners) are still deciding how that will function.

Non-positive posts are not allowed in the for-sale area. Period. If you think there is a problem with the item for sale, or if you want to give the seller advice about pricing, etc, do it in a private Conversation.

Legitimate questions about missing information are allowed. Questions designed to hide negative comments are not.

Posts that are unrelated to the thread will be deleted or moved to their own thread, but will most likely be deleted. If you have something of your own to sell, or want to have a discussion about something, start your own thread.

A seller does not have to justify anything about their sale, and it is not your job to protect the forum. If you see a for-sale post that truly appears to be a scam you should report it, but do not report a sale because you think it isn't a good deal.

See less See more
#3 ·
Let me help:

If someone is selling something for $100 that is readily available for $50, that isn't a good deal.
If someone is selling a used something for $50 when a new one is readily available fr $50, that isn't a good deal.
When someone with no forum history is offering smething for sale, that may be a scam.
When someone posts that "My friend in Kansas has one of those and his email is ....., that may be a scam.

#8 ·
Hi, I'm interested in selling tulip panel flaps on the forum. Should I first ask permission from an administrator? Or do I just open a post in the For Sale Area section? Tnks in advance.
As long as you are selling parts that you personally own you can create a thread in the for-sale section.

#13 ·
I will remind everyone about this rule for posting in the "For Sale" forum, and in for-sale threads in general:

Non-positive posts are not allowed in the for-sale area. Period. If you think there is a problem with the item for sale, or if you want to give the seller advice about pricing, etc, do it in a private Conversation.

#15 ·
To be fair the rule is written as “non positive” which has a slightly different connotation than “negative”.
I get it’s a fine line but I believe I personally understand the intent. I will keep my comments, if any, to things like asking for additional details on the item (what color is it? Etc) and “good luck on the sale”. I believe that is in alignment with the intent of the rule.
Seems fair enough.

#17 ·
It seems to be time for a reminder about posting in the For Sale section of the forum:

Rules for posting in the for-sale area are a bit different from those in the other parts of the forum, and you have a lot less freedom when it comes to posting here.

This area is for the listing of cars or car-related items that you personally own.

Posts about cars or items for sale that you do not personally own are prohibited here. They may be posted in the "Deals" section, and any posted in the "For Sale" area will be moved.

Posts about commercially-made products are technically prohibited but some have been allowed from cottage industries due to their benefit to the community. Work is still underway for a "Small Manufacturer" area, but Vertical Scope (our owners) are still deciding how that will function and not much progress has been made.

Legitimate questions about missing information are allowed. Questions designed to hide negative comments are not.

Posts that are unrelated to the thread will be deleted or moved to their own thread, but will most likely be deleted. If you have something of your own to sell, or want to have a discussion about something, start your own thread.

A seller does not have to justify anything about their sale, and it is not your job to protect the forum. If you see a for-sale post that truly appears to be a scam you should report it, but do not report a sale because you think it isn't a good deal.

#20 ·
I reread the post #1 and I don't understand exactly all the rules. Should I decrease the photos ? Explain me please what should I do. I will change my ad correctly before I put the pics of my new Sol GXP. Excuse my poor understanding. I try but don't forget I'm a French Quebecer. Give me time to learn. Thanks in advance !

#23 ·
Hello, would you tell me where I can find the for-sale of my 2006 Pontiac Solstice "Limited Edition" ? I don't want to duplicate the ad. Thank you for answered me. Have a good day !
It’s in the For Sale/Want To Buy subforum.

If you click your user name, and then click “discussions started”, I believe you will see your for sale post in that list.

JohnWR also recently tagged you in your own post to guide you there (see your notifications).