Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
But I am sure they have no idea how long that might take to complete....

Any ideas, or even guesses, if they are doing this repair in VIN# order?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crawdadsolstice said:
But I am sure they have no idea how long that might take to complete....

Any ideas, or even guesses, if they are doing this repair in VIN# order?

This is what I herd from a reliable source, but it is a rumor. Said they all changing all , So I guess this would mean all on hold.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again. This car needed at least another 6 months of development before it was put into production.

Haste makes waste.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
LBJay said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. This car needed at least another 6 months of development before it was put into production.

Haste makes waste.
Yeah, and the crying around here would have been so loud you could here it around the world! :lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
After posting that I didn't have any leaks... today I washed it and had just a very small (few drops) at the junction above the window where the two folding sections mate together... I really hate to see the dealers messing around trying to get this issue fixed... for that matter with a first model year I hate to see them doing anything to our cars short of an oil change... but I guess that's part of owning a 1K... Let's hope that Mr./Ms. Goodwrench had their Solstice traning.... :willy:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
LBJay said:

Haste makes waste.
To the contrary, I think most new product releases go through these types of "growing pains". We are simply more aware of all of the details because of the hype from the Apprentice deal and the information being shared on this forum.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
So what now?

They are going to rip our doors apart and put in new glass? They better not scratch my car in anyway! This is getting just ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
A redesign of the rubber seals make sense, but I can't envision any scenario where it would be necessary to replace the glass. So I'm wondering if the rumor isn't just half right.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Editguy said:
A redesign of the rubber seals make sense, but I can't envision any scenario where it would be necessary to replace the glass. So I'm wondering if the rumor isn't just half right.

Or you can Add to the rumor
Just say thay are replacing the hole roof.
That should bring out some kind of response.
Must be replacing every thing on my car,
Its been in Wilmington a long time.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have this feeling that the glass will remain the same, and have some adjustments or redesign done on the seals, as Edit said. Unless the "problem" glass all came from a different vendor than the ones that have already shipped, I wouldn't think the vendor would make the glass pieces to a different standard from one shipment to another, at least not without some input from the Pontiac side.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well the bad part of it all is that will not be Honest and tell the dealers why they are holding cars.
But then again they are shipping cars. So do they put them through a leak test and the ones that fail they keep!
If mine has failed and it has to stay so be it
But for a repair to take 30 days ------ i would not have a job if I put my customers off that long, but I am not Union either.
Yes I want it
Crush the thing and build me a new one and get it to me. :leaving:

·
Registered
178 Posts
meallen1220 said:
Well the bad part of it all is that will not be Honest and tell the dealers why they are holding cars.
But then again they are shipping cars. So do they put them through a leak test and the ones that fail they keep!
If mine has failed and it has to stay so be it
But for a repair to take 30 days ------ i would not have a job if I put my customers off that long, but I am not Union either.
Yes I want it
Crush the thing and build me a new one and get it to me. :leaving:

The sad part is that my vin is 1690 and yours is 1686 and I had a chance to sit in and look over vin 1688 before she picked it up. :(

·
Registered
137 Posts
WantMySoltice said:
The sad part is that my vin is 1690 and yours is 1686 and I had a chance to sit in and look over vin 1688 before she picked it up. :(
:brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:

I really needed that???? :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
46 Posts
dylan01 said:
So what now?

They are going to rip our doors apart and put in new glass? They better not scratch my car in anyway! This is getting just ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.
They're not touching my car! I'm not leaking - whenever they "replace" or "adjust" something they just make it worse. no no no. It ain't going in for new rubbers. ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
meallen1220 said:
:brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:

I really needed that???? :willy: :willy: :willy:

Sorry to upset you which was not my point. I was just wondering how yours and mine got left out. GM's shipping system does not make sense.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WantMySoltice said:
Sorry to upset you which was not my point. I was just wondering how yours and mine got left out. GM's shipping system does not make sense.
:agree:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts