Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DE Buddy told me he ran by the plant late last week only to find the entire back lot full of cars. Where we were acustom, in the past, to seeing about 70 cars (which we all assume were pre-production) on the lot, now the lot has more than 500 cars (estimate).

Now, if someone could drive by the back entrance (security gate) and snap a few photos, I think all of us would appreciate it.

This leads me to think that Pontiac should offer all of us to pick up our car at the plant!!! I'll take a few hours to clean it and detail it myself.

RadRiv

·
Registered
600 Posts
Always wanted to go get it and drive it home. Willing to pay the shipping charge too. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am quessing that these cars might be the normal production. I think they are making all the cars together, but only shipping the first 1000.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Audio Imagez said:
There has been quite a few cars out back. At least a couple hundred for the past few weeks.
A.I. please take some pics and go to putfile.com.

RadRiv

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
deacon said:
I am quessing that these cars might be the normal production. I think they are making all the cars together, but only shipping the first 1000.
:willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

Please, please, please delete this post before certain members of the forum feel the need to re-hash the 1st 1k cars mixed w/ regular production debate.

Aaaahhhhgggg :willy:

Just kidding, but seriously :lol:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Please, please, please delete this post before certain members of the forum feel the need to re-hash the 1st 1k cars mixed w/ regular production debate.

I agree...you can believe what you want about the 1st 1k mixed with reg production cars...

This thread is for the Wilmington Pics only. I don't care if the cars stockpiled in the back lot are 1st 1k or not...just want the pics.

RadRiv

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I was just thinking about this on my drive in this morning. Great minds think alike. :lol:

Now how about some pictures!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
deacon said:
I agree, I've heard this as well :) :lol: :willy:

Seriously though, 87 cars have been built and shipped to Canada as showroom cars. I'll find out more on that tonight at the Canadian Solstice Launch Party, but how do you explain that?

·
Registered
535 Posts
deacon said:
Don't mention this again. Slysol will have a fit. No other Sol must be produced along side his unless it is a first 1000! :lol:

·
Registered
600 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
Don't mention this again. Slysol will have a fit. No other Sol must be produced along side his unless it is a first 1000! :lol:
Ah yes, the contamination factor! :lol:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Having the day off I drove by the plant... just got home. Saw hundreds upon hundreds of cars, Five trucks were being loaded (all colors), the loader said they were for a test track in Michigan. As far as I could tell they were not first 1000 cars (no plaque on the dash), so the guy is probably right. The only other car I saw moving was SLY color. All colors are on the lot. There are a bunch of darker Sols on the way back lot, near the train tracks, but I could not tell if tell were actually being loaded on the trains.

Dropping by the plant only added about an hour to my daytrip so I counted it time well spent to see that cars are coming off the line... presumably my car is in there somewhere.

I do find it odd that the first 1000 cars are dribbling out, I sort of figured they had a pretty fair number of them ready when they unveiled #1. And I was hoping to get mine before I had to go back to work. No matter. They are coming, that is for certain.

Backstage

PS Sorry - no pix

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Backstage said:
Having the day off I drove by the plant... just got home. Saw hundreds upon hundreds of cars, Five trucks were being loaded (all colors), the loader said they were for a test track in Michigan. As far as I could tell they were not first 1000 cars (no plaque on the dash), so the guy is probably right. The only other car I saw moving was SLY color. All colors are on the lot. There are a bunch of darker Sols on the way back lot, near the train tracks, but I could not tell if tell were actually being loaded on the trains.

Dropping by the plant only added about an hour to my daytrip so I counted it time well spent to see that cars are coming off the line... presumably my car is in there somewhere.

I do find it odd that the first 1000 cars are dribbling out, I sort of figured they had a pretty fair number of them ready when they unveiled #1. And I was hoping to get mine before I had to go back to work. No matter. They are coming, that is for certain.

Backstage

PS Sorry - no pix
Close your ears and don't listen to the following stupid idea. Maybe they are building batches of cars and then eliminating the less than perfect to retain for regular shipment while shipping only the cream of the crop.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I said it before and I'll say it again.

GM is stockpiling cars so that as the first 1000 do get released they can send
1000's of more cars to dealers.

Frankly I can see them producing cars that are not slated for anyone's
order to allow the general public a shot at getting a car as well.

If this turns out to be the case GM will have lost potentially many new loyal
customers. I expect that some with orders placed will start backing out
if this indeed does happen.

GM get your butt in gear, release the 1000 cars even if it does cost you
a few extra $$$'s. WE ARE PAYING STICKER PRICE!!!!! :nono:

My sales person was at their ride and drive today and emailed me saying that NO DEALERS IN OUR AREA HAVE RECEIVED A SOLSTICE YET?????????

You figure that one out when I am only 100 miles max. from the plant
and the few that have got their cars a quite a bit farther than that away.

I feel everyones pain!!!!! :banghead:

Sorry for my ranting, but SUMMER IS SLIPPING AWAY!!!!!!!!!! :(

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Bought_It said:
I said it before and I'll say it again.

GM is stockpiling cars so that as the first 1000 do get released they can send
1000's of more cars to dealers.

:(
That may very well be, BUT, they will not build an abundance of non-spoken for cars when they have firm orders for something like 8500 beyond the first 1000 and they have only allocated about half of that.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
I don't have any problem with people saying that they are "guessing" as deacon said or with people having their own opinions about things. It's when people try to convince others that something is true based on silly rumors, as happened in other threads, that I have a problem.

At the beginning, GM stated that the "First 1000" would be the first 1000 units built for retail sale. Then they reiterated that fact in one of the GM blogs. And, as Solsticeman pointed out, several individuals at GM, including Bob Lutz and Lori Queen have all said the same thing. And finally, GMLinedog also came on and verified that is what is happening. I'll take the word of those sources any day as opposed to the random musings of a few individuals who have absolutely no evidence to the contrary. As they have said all along, other cars may be produced as well, but they will be for promotional purposes, testing, press/ride-and-drive cars, etc. They will not be retail cars available for purchase.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
SlySol said:
I don't have any problem with people saying that they are "guessing" as deacon said or with people having their own opinions about things. It's when people try to convince others that something is true based on silly rumors, as happened in other threads, that I have a problem.

At the beginning, GM stated that the "First 1000" would be the first 1000 units built for retail sale. Then they reiterated that fact in one of the GM blogs. And, as Solsticeman pointed out, several individuals at GM, including Bob Lutz and Lori Queen have all said the same thing. And finally, GMLinedog also came on and verified that is what is happening. I'll take the word of those sources any day as opposed to the random musings of a few individuals who have absolutely no evidence to the contrary. As they have said all along, other cars may be produced as well, but they will be for promotional purposes, testing, press/ride-and-drive cars, etc. They will not be retail cars available for purchase.
Now now, I think someone needs a hug.. :D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts