Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to know if anyone knows if the rumors of the Base Price for the Sol going up are true? :brentil:

I was looking at the Sky's Base (so they say) is starting at $24k.

This makes me parinoid, thus wanting to goto my dealer a.s.a.p. to order one up and get a SET price. :willy:

Thoughts?

Thanks all!
J

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...don't be silly

Integraoligist said:
ahh, that explains the Sky's price tag... How do ya know for sure the MSRP won't raise... expecially after all the orders/demand for the Sol's?
OF COURSE the price will go up. they made their point by getting it started at just under $20K. Everything goes up. The dealers will keep gouging for more than MSRP anyway, so why not push it up higher. You can bank on it. It's a runaway hit. The price will rise, just like all the other "premium" low cost sports cars did. Remember when Boxsters were sold for under $40K?
:cool:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Buy A.S.A.P........

Integraoligist said:
Wanted to know if anyone knows if the rumors of the Base Price for the Sol going up are true? :brentil:

I was looking at the Sky's Base (so they say) is starting at $24k.

This makes me parinoid, thus wanting to goto my dealer a.s.a.p. to order one up and get a SET price. :willy:

Thoughts?

Thanks all!
J
Put your order in today! Use the forum to help you through the wait! :yesnod: Typical deposit is only $500.

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
RichSol said:
OF COURSE the price will go up. ... Everything goes up.
Well, except for TVs and computer stuff.

Someplace on the Forum someone mentioned that GM intends to put On Star on EVERY GM vehicle in 2006, I believe. If so, then MSRP for a base Solstice has to pass the $20,000 limit. But it will still be the best bargain in a roadster.

EDIT NOTE: I think I meant to say for 2007, not 2006. Does anyone know what I meant to say? I'm just not sure what I meant to say. :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
gizmo2004 said:

Someplace on the Forum someone mentioned that GM intends to put On Star on EVERY GM vehicle in 2006, I believe. If so, then MSRP for a base Solstice has to pass the $20,000 limit. But it will still be the best bargain in a roadster.

:agree:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
gizmo2004 said:

I believe they are offering OnStar as an OPTION on every vehicle in 2006. But they would never include it as standard equipment.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Think they will keep a base stripped model on Sol for Autocross racers. Sky is really same except you can't get a stripped model so base price is higher to account for extra options but Sol with similar options will be around same.

·
5,600 Posts
Integraoligist said:
Wanted to know if anyone knows if the rumors of the Base Price for the Sol going up are true? J
What is the source for your rumor? Are you just speculating out of thin air, or has GM indicated or your GM dealer indicated a rise in base price?

The problem with the Internet is anyone can post garbage at any time. I can post, "want to know if rumors are true that the Solstice is being discontinued." Of course, I just made that up. My point is, give me the source of the rumor and I immediately know 2 things - first that you aren't just making stuff up on the fly and I can size up the credibility of the source.

Quit posting "rumors" without a source.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
jimbo said:
Why should we have higher standards than 60 Minutes or the LA Times? :devil:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Pure Law said:
Maybe they can offer 2 base prices -

$22,995 for those who want a car now

&

$19,995 for those who are willing to wait 9 -12 months.
:glol:

So true

EDIT: No big deal, but this was my 1000th post :cheers: It's just a milestone that I would like to announce!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jimbo said:
What is the source for your rumor? Are you just speculating out of thin air, or has GM indicated or your GM dealer indicated a rise in base price?

The problem with the Internet is anyone can post garbage at any time. I can post, "want to know if rumors are true that the Solstice is being discontinued." Of course, I just made that up. My point is, give me the source of the rumor and I immediately know 2 things - first that you aren't just making stuff up on the fly and I can size up the credibility of the source.

I heard this on a talk radio show on WLS 890... thats why i'm asking.

Pure Law said:
Maybe they can offer 2 base prices -

$22,995 for those who want a car now

&

$19,995 for those who are willing to wait 9 -12 months.
Technically they do do this... I've found a couple of dealers here in Chicago that have Sol's, but the price is around $28k... i'm going to sharpen up a nice stick so they can gouge their customers a little bit more :leaving:

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
SlipSlider said:
EDIT: No big deal, but this was my 1000th post :cheers: It's just a milestone that I would like to announce!
There are a couple of members on the Forum (they shall remain nameless) who had no inhibitions about announcing their 1000th post with great pomp and ceremony. They should be ashamed of themselves! :leaving:

But anyway, congratulations, SlipSlider, on a major milestone!

EDIT NOTE: By a strange coincidence, this is my 1400th post! :leaving:

OK, yes, for real, this time I really am :leaving: .

For a short while, anyway. From this thread anyway. But just a short while.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well when i first went to the pontiac web site I built a Sol 25,400, now i went back 2 days ago and the price for the same options was 25,075 :cool: . So I think the price is going down. 325 cheaper is alot, its a month payment sooner i can own the car :yesnod:

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
CaSol said:
Well when i first went to the pontiac web site I built a Sol 25,400, now i went back 2 days ago and the price for the same options was 25,075 :cool: . So I think the price is going down. 325 cheaper is alot, its a month payment sooner i can own the car :yesnod:
Maybe you selected digital audio system the first time, and not the second time. That is a $325 option.

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
CaSol said:
nope, same exact options, i have the orginal one printed out, so i can mark the same options. I think its a good sign.
OK, so if you have the first one printed out, then print out the second one and compare. Let us know what changed. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.