Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have an 03 black S2000, now ive been debating whether or not to sell it and buy a Sky, so i figured i would come here for a least biased opinion (rather than the S2Ki or Skyroadster forums)

So should i keep my S2000 and put a comptech supercharger on it
or
Wait and put no more money in it, sell it and buy a sky

I know the pros and cons of both, i just want to know which car you guys like better

·
Banned
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, i think this needs to be moved to other cars maybe, sorry for the trouble. or some other forum

·
4,592 Posts
I don't think you could make that decision to you sit in a Sky, or drive one for that matter. Even then, it's going to be a personal decision, a "to each his/her own". Good luck!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I'd wait until you can drive a Sky to make that call. You may find you like how the S2000 handles and drives more and want to keep it. Or you may decide you like the Sky more, and then can go ahead and make the change.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Skyolstice said:
Hey guys, i have an 03 black S2000, now ive been debating whether or not to sell it and buy a Sky, so i figured i would come here for a least biased opinion (rather than the S2Ki or Skyroadster forums)

So should i keep my S2000 and put a comptech supercharger on it
or
Wait and put no more money in it, sell it and buy a sky

I know the pros and cons of both, i just want to know which car you guys like better
I would keep the S2000 and put a comptech supercharger on it. That is just me tho.

·
5,600 Posts
You will probably want to supercharge your S2000. If 240 HP is insufficient for you, the base Sky is not going to make you happy. Why would you even want a Sky? If you love the looks, that's a plus. It is new and unique, another plus. You can't buy one for many months and may be longer before the hi-po motor of completely uncertain output is available. I just don't think you will be able to tolerate the lack of high end power and the Vtec rush in the Sky. On the other hand, you will be able to get more power and torque by supercharging the 2.4 L ecotec. So how much money do you want to spend?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I agree with the others, if you want more power I can't see you likeing the Sky.

The S2000 with a supercharger is a monster!

·
Registered
6 Posts
jimbo said:
You will probably want to supercharge your S2000. If 240 HP is insufficient for you, the base Sky is not going to make you happy. Why would you even want a Sky? If you love the looks, that's a plus. It is new and unique, another plus. You can't buy one for many months and may be longer before the hi-po motor of completely uncertain output is available. I just don't think you will be able to tolerate the lack of high end power and the Vtec rush in the Sky. On the other hand, you will be able to get more power and torque by supercharging the 2.4 L ecotec. So how much money do you want to spend?
the high powered versionis 240 hp i think thats what i read in july's motor trend pg 22 lower left

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
wing said:
I agree with the others, if you want more power I can't see you likeing the Sky.
Agreed. If you want more power than the S2000 has now, I cannot see you happy with the 170 HP in the Sky.

However, the 2005 NAIAS hinted strongly at the posibility at kappe getting a forced induction engine as an option, which may also be to your liking. The rumors had horsepower in the range of 250. Unfortunately, the rumors have not been substantiated yet. But it is intriguing. ;)

·
Banned
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, like i said, i know the pros and cons of both, i know that i would be taking a hit in power, but i LOOOOVE the sky, i will have to sit in it though, you guys are right. actually i wont even drive one without just sitting in it for a while in the showroom first, then if i like it, ill drive it, then if i like that, ill consider paying 24 grand for it.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Actually depending on how you like to drive, and how you like the S2000 motor you might like the F/I Sky/Solstice better I'm betting. We all know the 2.4L VVT ECOTEC is already very Torque heavy at the bottom end. I'm betting a forced induction verson of this engine would be a Torque monster very quickly. So if you're wanting to get away from an engine that needs to be reved near 8000 RPM it might be a good idea then. However if you prefer the very high reving S2000 engine, you're probably better off with it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Honestly, I am a huge GM fan. My dad works for GM, and I've never owned a car that isn't. However, Honda builds good cars, and with a supercharger, you might be able to take care of that low end torque problem. FYI the Solstice, and SKY should have a supercharged option for 07, from what I have been reading. For you, keep the S2000, for me a Solstice, or if I am patient, a supercharged SKY.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts