Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

S2000 / Solstice Interior

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Fformula88 
#1 ·
I took a ride for the first time in a S2000 yesterday. For those of you that have tested both, can you tell me if interior room is similar? I felt real snug but worried about a passenger. I also noticed that when slowing in 2nd gear, there was a lot of reverberation until I got back on the gas or put it in neutral. Is this normal? How smooth is the Solstice?

-brent

#2 · (Edited)
I rode in both at the NE ride and drive and the S2000 was snug. I'm 5'5" 200 lbs and in the S2000 both by arms were pushed forward and my legs did not had much side to side room either.

In the Solstice I had plenty of room and was very comfortable.

I road with a professional driver and the Solstice was a lot smoother ride and cornering was unbelievable. On the last corner he power slided the car for about 30 ft and it just went were he wanted it to go.

The S2000 felt every crack in the pavement and pushed in the corners.

I could not get the smile off my face and knew then that I made the right choice to by one. I should have mine in hand this week.

#3 ·
I am 6'2" and 240lbs and I can barely fit into the S2000. The ride is stiff and a bit uncomfortable. But that is what the s2000 was going for. They prode themselves on the rigidity of their vehicles.

The Solstice on the other hand(bias report ensueing) is very comfortable in the dirvers compartment. However I barely fit as a passenger. The ride is almost impossible to compare with any other vehicle in its class. The ride and handling in my opinion is the very best thing about the car. Looks being the second thing. I personally do not see how anyone could compare the two vehicles and still get the S2000. The performance is not much more significant, if that is your thing.

#5 ·
"The ride is stiff and a bit uncomfortable. But that is what the s2000 was going for. They prode themselves on the rigidity of their vehicles. "
Rigidity of vehicle contributes to a softer ride, not vice versa. Read the
engineering about the C5 Corvette's chassis desing (which is similar to
that of the Solstice). The Corvette, because of the increased stiffness of its chassis, was able to dramatically reduce the stiffness of the suspension
and still retain the handling accuracy.
As for space, I haven't ridden in the new Miata, with a big 1 1/2 inch more
shoulder room (sarcasm), but my neighbor's 2000 Miata was apparently
built for very small , shortlegged Japanese women. It is absolutely claustrophobic - I'm 6'2" and 180 lbs - even with the top down.

#8 ·
Thraxz said:
True... but there is no turbo Sol now. That's what counts.
by the time our orders get picked there may be :)

#9 ·
Thraxz said:
Except, the fact that the S2000 is considerably faster...

Except, the fact that the S2000 is considerably more expensive.

Put the $ amount from the difference in aftermarket performance and I will gladly line up with any s2000 on the road.

Plus the Solstic'e ride and handling is much better. Take a corner in a S2000 and a Solstice at 45 and tell me which one is better.

#11 ·
dealernut said:
Put the $ amount from the difference in aftermarket performance and I will gladly line up with any s2000 on the road.
Lamest excuse ever. Sorry but compare them as is. I dont say man your Z06 is fast but if I put the 30K difference in my stang I would smoke you.

The facts are the S2000 is a low 14 second car and the Solstice is what mid 15s. Not to mention the S2000 would most likely outhandle the Solstice. I personally dont care for the S2000 but there is a reason it costs 5-10K more than a Sol

#12 ·
ir@peSolstice said:
sorry for bumping this thread, but I just had a big LOL.

And isnt the turbo solstice going to make 240 hp?

The same numbers our 240 2.0L N/A motor makes?
Well, well... look who's back.

#13 ·
The S2000' spartan interior has very little shoulder room. Less than even a Miata IMO. I also dislike the Kight Rider dash display. I think the Solstice is a better looking car inside and out.

Driving dynamics are in a whole different catagory though. I still have to drive a Sol, but since so many have compared the handling to the Miata, I doubt the Sol is even close. I've driven an NC Miata and it's nowhere near fast, nor does it handle as well as the S2000. Compared to the Sol, the S2000 has a stiffer chassis, more power, less weight, less unsprung weight, and several years of tuning/refinement under it's belt.

#14 ·
ir@peSolstice said:
sorry for bumping this thread, but I just had a big LOL.

And isnt the turbo solstice going to make 240 hp?

The same numbers our 240 2.0L N/A motor makes?
Don't resurrect threads just to troll. That is not going to be tolerated.

One, there is no official word yet on how much the Sol turbo is going to make. Second, when you do see what it is going to make, I do not think you will be happy! ;) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.