Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I need some help.

My 2007 GXP has been dead in my driveway for far too long.

Can anyone help by directing me to a dealer or shop in Seattle aera (PNW) that they like/trust?

I have the dread Security lock code... total lock out, among other issues. The security issue is self inflicted as I keyed on with the ECO disconnect when trouble shooting it for wierd electrical gremlins.

Although I have a factory key with the + sign on it, the unlock procedure has not work despite multiple attempts. My next step was going to be to get the dealer to make a new factory key and remote, and try the unlock procedure again.

The car has been sitting there with new tires, brakes, timing change, waterpump, turbo and oil change for a long time. It did run briefly after the work and the engine sounded fine and ran will but the turbo was over boosting. The Cam and Crank sensors codes were still present (when it ran), despite the sensors being changed-replaced with new.

My wife is beginning to lose faith in my skill set (I am a mech eng). Electrical engineers are apparently my nemesis.

Alan

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
define "long time" ...

2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years ?

did you try to disconnect the battery, then reconnect after a few minutes ?
did you test the battery ?

( then again, if you are locked out, maybe you can't even get the hood to open... )

·
Registered
610 Posts
the codes many not be the sensors, the sencors tell you whats up...sorta, not really meaning the code saying the sensor is bad. my sensor code wasent sensor, it was the camshaft accuator. the sensor just identifyed what was rong, sometimes reading things are not really what the things are saying... as far as the rest of your issues....not a clue.unless you have the rong keys or car......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So this car still sits.... DOA. The Chevy Dealer in Federal way had it for 5 months. Did NOT fix the car! They replaced the BMC, and the new battery and good alternator, and performed the GM recalls and updates. They towed in back to my house when they could not get it to work/run reliably. GM corporate told them next step was to condemn and replace the EMC. I asked them what their confidence level was that this would fix it and they said low to none.

Every time I went in there one of the service managers offered to buy the car from me at a low/bargain price. Grrrr. Don't take anything to those guys.

I have a plan. I bought a dozen cheap Chinese digital voltage meters. after I 3d print a panel to hold 6 or more displays, I will wire them to every power feed and ground bus so I can watch for what fluctuates when driving. I have a cheap Oscope so I can start checking PWM signals well.

The car does start and run not too badly. I did notice it headed to overheating on last test drive around the block; so there is that.

I am on sick leave after back surgery for 5 weeks, so I final have the time to deal with it.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
So this car still sits.... DOA. The Chevy Dealer in Federal way had it for 5 months. Did NOT fix the car! They replaced the BMC, and the new battery and good alternator, and performed the GM recalls and updates. They towed in back to my house when they could not get it to work/run reliably. GM corporate told them next step was to condemn and replace the EMC. I asked them what their confidence level was that this would fix it and they said low to none.

Every time I went in there one of the service managers offered to buy the car from me at a low/bargain price. Grrrr. Don't take anything to those guys.

I have a plan. I bought a dozen cheap Chinese digital voltage meters. after I 3d print a panel to hold 6 or more displays, I will wire them to every power feed and ground bus so I can watch for what fluctuates when driving. I have a cheap Oscope so I can start checking PWM signals well.

The car does start and run not too badly. I did notice it headed to overheating on last test drive around the block; so there is that.

I am on sick leave after back surgery for 5 weeks, so I final have the time to deal with it.
Sounds like you have a plan of attack, at least. Every time I get frustrated with mine, I get the guy with the Miata who lives two streets over to drive by. Trying to see if mine will get jealous. Doesn't work fixing the problem, but I think I'm making headway...…..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would check all the ground connections. Maybe redo them, even if they look fine. There are two behind the waterfall plastic ( the plastic behind the seats) one behind the drivers seat and one behind the passenger seat. I had an issue with the ground connection behind the drivers seat, it caused all sorts of weird issues.

·
Super Moderator
7,323 Posts
I would check all the ground connections. Maybe redo them, even if they look fine. There are two behind the waterfall plastic ( the plastic behind the seats) one behind the drivers seat and one behind the passenger seat. I had an issue with the ground connection behind the drivers seat, it caused all sorts of weird issues.
Behind the waterfall? This is the first time I have heard of a ground there. I know about the main ones: between the seats under the armrest, and on the chassis rail near the right front hood support.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, I believe it's the G304 and G300 . I've attached the schematics. The one behind the drivers seat is the G304. Then the other one is behind the passenger seat ,but may be viewable if the plastic that holds the speaker is removed. It's been a few months and my memory isnt what it used to be. I had issues with the one behind the drivers seat ( long story).

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts