Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had several customers looking for safety ratings on the Solstice and I have not been able to find any info, can anyone help?.

Also we just delivered our first one this past wensday. #499, they were very excited when we called to let them know it was finally here. They picked it up about 3 hours later.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I've been waiting to see crash test rating posted also (thought I must have missed it).

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Since it is a brand new car it may be several months before the government and insurance companies test and publish the results.

They collect the cars from the manufactures and test them in groups.

http://www.safercar.gov/

·
Registered
124 Posts
And it might not get tested... I currently have a Toyota MR2 Spyder, and they haven't tested it during the 5-6 year production cycle. Part of the reason, I suspect, it that it was a low-production car, as I recall about 10,000 /year.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'd be real interested to see the results, since GM did not do any "real world" crash testing while in development. They did complex computer models based on structural info, etc. yada yada, techie mumbo jumbo.

·
Registered
265 Posts
considering what a hard time they have now producing vehicles for the public, you want them to make some on the side and crash 'em??? gasp.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Since they made about 800 test fleet vehicles :willy: I would think they have plenty subjects. It was stated several times that many were destined for the crusher. :(

I'm starting to wonder :skep: I find it hard to believe that at least a few haven't met their maker in a crash test.

I'd also think that if the results were good - GM would make at least some noise about it. :leaving:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts