Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that the bow is sagging. Is there an adjustment or part to replace, that will solve the issue?
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle
solve the issue?

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
1,830 Posts
Man I wish I could help ya but now I know the difference between the acoustic headliner versus not
Mine appears to have a bar on top or yours has (maybe) rotated 180 degrees down? (Just guessing)
Car Vehicle Window Fixture Car seat cover
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Plant Automotive lighting

Contrasting pictures:

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
1,830 Posts
Or maybe it rotatated 90 degrees forward and the upward bend of the rib is now facing the front of the car instead of straight up the top?

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
3,880 Posts
The bow is not sagging. There are 2 straps that pull that bow into position and the straps are probably broken. You will need to take the top off of the frame and replace the straps

You can see the 2 straps in the image below.

White Line Font Art Auto part

I am willing to bet the top is probably super heavy to move too. The bow the straps are attached to has springs in it to help lift and stow the top. so if you raise and lower the top you have zero assistance because the starts are not connected.

Reactions: Randy120

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
3,880 Posts
never mind I can see the straps are in tact in your photos.

The springs in the hinges of the bow broke. You should be able o remove the bow and take the pieces of the springs out so you can locate new springs. It's either that or replace the whole frame.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, the top is complicated. I had problems putting the top up. I took it to the dealer and he found a small red plastic fastener had broken. He replaced it and the top works well again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts