Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 19 months and 20,000 miles of touring, it was time to say goodbye to the solstice. I bought it for those times that were just too sketchy to be on a motorcycle. That meant that I drove it a lot with the top up.

In that 19 months I only had to replace one $50 part on the engine, and repair the rear venting with a $3 piece of hose.

I decided I wanted something to haul my trials bike around. My wife and I were competing for the 2500HD Sierra so I decided to pick up this Nissan Frontier.

I looked at the new Canyon, but they wanted a premium for it and the bed was far off the ground which makes it almost a difficult to load bikes as the Sierra.

One thing I didn't do with the Solstice was add any accessories with the exception of the wind deflector that never lived up to my expectations.

Already added quite a few accessories to the truck. Pic showing the size difference with the Sierra

Tucked into the garage where the Solstice barely took up any room.

I will probably get another roadster when I am done with motorcycle touring. I have just the 3 states on the west coast left in my quest to tour the backroads of the lower 48.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
All the best!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I can't imagine trading my Solstice for a pickup but then again I don't ride dirt bike either. Maybe we'll see each each other on the dragon some day. I'll be the slow guy on a Harley. :lol:

·
Registered
643 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts