Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a car shortly after the fisrt thousand had been allocated. My dealer still tells me they know nothing. Are they full of crap or should they have info by now? What should they know by this time?

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm in the same boat maui, has your order been picked up yet? That'd be a good sign.

·
5,641 Posts
mceb said:
Event codes show the status of the order in the system. Using your VOM order number the dealer can lookup your status (event code) in the syetem.

• 2500 means preferenced or "picked up"
  • 3000 means accepted by production control
  • 3100 means available to be sequenced
  • 3300 means scheduled for production
  • 3400 means broadcast (internal plant order produced)
  • 3800 means produced
  • 4000 means available to ship
  • 4150 means original invoice (dealer billed)
  • 4200 means shipped
  • 5000 means at dealer
Added a few, borrow and discard this one.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Added a few, borrow and discard this one.
Thanks SD. I'll blow away all the cross talk at the end and just keep the Q&A to form the FAQ.

Please correct anything anyone writes (I can update any post)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
mceb said:
There have been so many questions on ordering/allocations etc. I'd like to build an FAQ on the topic. I'll need small_dealer's help here :) If anyone else wants to pitch in that's fine too, we'll make it a group effort.

Put the question in the title area of the reply. Put the answer in the normal text area (see my example in next reply).

I'll cleanup any cross talk and pin it to the top when it's complete.
I just want to say, awesome idea mceb!!!!! Sorry, just created some extra clean up work for you.

While I'm here, I think if Small Dealer or someone could just do a bullet point listing of the entire process, that would be great. And I think maybe we need to have 2 versions, 1 for the first 1000 and other special groups, and 1 for the rest of us folks. That has caused a lot of confusion.

Say something like (but more accurate than) this for us outside the first 1000:
- "April, Dealers were told how many cars they could order in the first 4 months of the yearly build cycle."
- "You go to dealer on say May 1st. Dealer puts you in computer system with requested options and you get a certain number assigned. This means your order has been put in to your dealer (not GM)."
- Explain how the placed / pick up / schedule / build thing works
- Put when the first round of allocation cycles actually began (July?)
- Talk about how every Thursday Dealers are given information about when pick ups are to take place on Tuesdays etc.
- Talk about what it means when your order gets picked up and the timing of that.
- Talk about how you can track your orders with the numbers you guys have already been talking about on this thread. Like, how do we find out those numbers?
ETC ETC ETC.

You get my point. Go through the steps one by one. Let your other posts be the dictionary's, and this post be the guide.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Bonzo said:
Sorry, just created some extra clean up work for you.
No problem, it's easy to cleanup stuff. This is a working thread which will become an FAQ so suggestions like yours are great. I think small_dealer is working on some stuff to add for us, maybe he can take up the overall process thought.

I'll scout around for some stuff in the older posts tonight.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Hey guys, I see there hasn't been much reply. I don't see this as a lack of interest, just politeness not filling up your thread with junk. Or maybe just lack of knowledge. I for one would love to help you out, but I don't have the knowledge. If there is anything I CAN do to help, like data entry or something, let me know and we can arrange some private messaging to get the details taken care of.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Same here on knowledge. Other than some of the basics I entered I'm waiting on small dealer to throw in some info which he said he was cooking up. Stay tuned.

After we get the FAQ rolling we'll add new stuff as it comes up in conversation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
these dealerships know about how many orders they have thru the end of this year... what they dont know is what week gm will let them order them.... we find out the first of each month what were are ordering each week, and then we find out about constraints on equipment the week the orders are due....

·
Registered
48 Posts
So...what's the link that'll tell me where I am? My vehicle order # is JFZBN4. I ordered May 27, and GM still hasn't picked it up (my dealer says).

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
outerspace said:
So...what's the link that'll tell me where I am? My vehicle order # is JFZBN4. I ordered May 27, and GM still hasn't picked it up (my dealer says).
there isnt one if all you have is your VOMS number....you will have to get your dealer to print you out a Vehicle Order Event History....which will tell you what code your order is currently......if you ordered in May...and havent been picked up....betting your dealer didnt have a first four month allocation or your order exceeded his allocation....second four month allocation I believe started in Oct.....so GM should be drawing from them now....ask your dealer what allocation your are in...and where do you stand on the list..and get a VOEH printout

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
rik trice said:
how can you tell what the build number is from the vin# ?
last four numbers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts