Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sales Training Brochures in pdf

I've looked around the forum for a few hours and I didn't find any mention of the solstice/torrent sales training site...

http://www.solsticetorrenttraining.com

The highlights of the site are in the resources section. There's a couple of pdf's for download...training material and what-not that I haven't seen anywhere else.

Solstice Details Book :willy:
http://www.solsticetorrenttraining.com/images/resources_pdfs/Solstice_Details_Book_final.pdf

Solstice Trifold Brochure :willy:
http://www.solsticetorrenttraining.com/images/resources_pdfs/Solstice_Trifold_final.pdf

If this has already been posted, oops...

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Wow... thanks. This would have been extra handy when we were trying to find out where all the ride and drives were at, but it's great to have.

I have a feeling that the New Orleans event didn't start yesterday and isn't running today?

Looks like a few more are still going on. Unfortunately not near me, but I'd love to actually see a production version driving on the road for once.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well,

...I had to make a splash with my first post and all... :cool:

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's fun to see how a company will attempt to make it's product look better than the competition. Naturally, Honda and Mazda are doing the same thing. ;)

For the record, I don't think Honda needs to explain the advantages it has over the Miata or the Solstice...it will outperform both of them in stock form. I did find it amusing that Pontiac opted to tell it's salespeople that the S2000 has bigger rear tires, making the Solstice more economical because you can rotate them and save money. :lol: If a salesperson said that to me, I'd ask why Honda chose to put bigger tires on the back of their RWD car. ;)

Another amusing bit was how Pontiac chose to point out that it has a lightweight, aluminum engine to save weight (and cut down on heat soak) whereas the 05 Miata engine has a cast iron block...yet it fails to mention that the Miata is lighter over all. Hmmm... ;) Of course, there's no direct comparison to the MSM at all.

Peace of mind from OnStar? Yeah, locking myself out in the bad part of town...drat, how am I going to get into my convertible?

Ok, kidding aside, I realize this is a SALES brochure to give the SALESpeople talking points. As I said, Honda and Mazda do the same.

Frankly, I think the car sells itself and the salespeople just need to be quiet and let the buyer drive the car.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
theartfuldodger said:
I've looked around the forum for a few hours and I didn't find any mention of the solstice/torrent sales training site...

http://www.solsticetorrenttraining.com

The highlights of the site are in the resources section. There's a couple of pdf's for download...training material and what-not that I haven't seen anywhere else.

Solstice Details Book :willy:
http://www.solsticetorrenttraining.com/images/resources_pdfs/Solstice_Details_Book_final.pdf

Solstice Trifold Brochure :willy:
http://www.solsticetorrenttraining.com/images/resources_pdfs/Solstice_Trifold_final.pdf

If this has already been posted, oops...
Very cool post. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I posted the link to this site on here about three months ago...
And about ten minutes after I posted it I was asked If I would remove my post.

Something about "site is not set up for the general public".
And "it is in the best interest of the forum if things that may upset Pontiac/GM are left out". :willy:

Oh well -- This post has been open for more than 7 hours so I guess it's allright now. ;)

·
Registered
322 Posts
mcbman said:

And "it is in the best interest of the forum if things that may upset Pontiac/GM are left out". :willy:

Oh well -- This post has been open for more than 7 hours so I guess it's allright now. ;)
Eh, ridiculous. If GM really wanted to keep this stuff a secret they could have easily password protected the website, it doesnt hurt their business other than now I can chuckle at the sales pitch I get and point out missing information.

"Hey, it all sounds good, except you left out the fact that the Miata only comes with 16" rims, whereas the Solstice comes with 18" rims standard for superior road hugging performance. It's all on page 8 of your training manual, you DID read the training manual right?"

I like the note at the end of the details book, "Not to be disseminated to consumers."

-Jimmy

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
mcbman said:

I find that odd... only from the standpoint that many on here were trying to figure ou where the next Ride and Drive was, when all the time the information was known. Hmm... I wish I had known about the site prior to the midwest dates. I wouldn't have just shown up until we knew it wasn't a problem. And once we knew it wasn't a problem, I think this site should have been allowed to be mentioned again.

The site is really open to the public, just like gmtv or other sites which are linked here all the time.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Lucked out today

Was flying into Atlanta today on business and lucked out when flying in. We flew over the convention center by the airport and I was looking out the window when I saw a road course set out and there were two Solstices driving around. I found out where this place was from the car rental place and went there. Pontiac was holding sales training on all of their new releases and there were was the Solstice with a Miata and Toyota for drivers to compare.

I hung around for a few before someone came up to me to ask who I was. I advised them that I was one who put a deposit down and saw their operation from the air. The guy managing the test runs was Scott and he was more than happy to take me for a test ride on test track they had set up in the parking lot. WOW WOW WOW!!! I'm sure I just experienced something most people won't since they won't drive their car this way. Loved the way it handled. I of course didn't get to drive it, but being a passanger was great to hold me over till our car shows up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts