1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
what the heck kind of top is that? custom?

A German company called EDAG made them, the hardtop is fiberglass, the windows are glass (not plexiglass). They cost around $2500 when new.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I have bought a number of cars through Copart. If you are not a registered member (and in most cases have a tax id #) you will have to find one to bid for you, usually cost from 2 to 3 hundred dollars. Copart charges fees depending on the winning bid total so you can add $500 to $600 more for that, they have a break down of fees on there site. Then they will get you for gate fees, loading and ect for another $75 and storage of $25 a day if not picked up in the allotted time. This particular car is being sold "on approval" which means even if you have the highest bid the seller may not release it if it doesn't meet his reserve price. Hauling for this vehicle to the midwest (my area) can run you between $600 to $800 on average. I did notice that the passenger "grab" handle is missing so there may be some other parts missing. They don't provide a straight on shot of the dash and I would suspect that the original owner most likely removed items like after market radios or nav systems. You can hire an inspection service to look the vehicle over the day before the sale, a listing of these services are on Copart's site.

·
Premium Member
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you could act as the agent for someone if they were interested?
Just asking. Im not buying it. I am looking for a flood damaged coupe to play with

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
So you could act as the agent for someone if they were interested?
Just asking. Im not buying it. I am looking for a flood damaged coupe to play with

I actually bid through a relative. Finding a proxy bidder is pretty simple just go to the auction location the vehicle is being listed at and you will find a link to companies that can bid for you. You will need proof of funds before you can bid so do your homework early as it takes a few days to get all the paper work in order. In "most" cases it cost nothing to bid if you don't win.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts