Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had heard that a very large local dealer, Red McCombs :devil: (Vikings owner) had a Solstice on the showroom floor. I googled {Red McCombs Solstice} and got a hit off of Canadian eBay. Current bids are up to $32,983! What a stinking rat! Auction is open for 5 more days.

Just a note - when looking for an open allocation, this dealer told me to put $500 down and I would get whatever came in - no ordering. I guess now we know what his plan was.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Karyl said:
I had heard that a very large local dealer, Red McCombs :devil: (Vikings owner) had a Solstice on the showroom floor. I googled {Red McCombs Solstice} and got a hit off of Canadian eBay. Current bids are up to $32,983! What a stinking rat! Auction is open for 5 more days.

Just a note - when looking for an open allocation, this dealer told me to put $500 down and I would get whatever came in - no ordering. I guess now we know what his plan was.
EX-Vikings owner, for one. For two, is that price in Canadian dollars or US? There's a BIG difference. ;)

·
5,641 Posts
I couldn't find a listing on Canadian eBay auction listings or the Red McCombs Store on Canadian eBay. The four solstices appear to be individually owned. Could you provide a link to the auction listing?

And if there is a price in the $30K range, it would be in Canadian Dollars.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: No
General Conversation: No

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You are absolutely correct, he is the former Vikings owner and, yes, the $$ were Canadian - $32,983K Canadian bid so far which equates to about $27,900 US - well over MSRP. I had been looking at the cached ebay page from 29 Sep with 5 days left. When I checked back on the auction, the seller had pulled the auction on the green solstice. Curious, I called the dealer to confirm a rumor that they had a Solstice on the showroom floor. Coincidentally, they had just sold it yesterday! Hmmmmm. Lets see, 29 Sep plus 5 days = Tues, 4 Oct, yesterday! Curiouser, the "generous" buyer had allowed the dealer to keep it on the floor until yesterday.

I realize these may all just be coincidences, but, gosh, it sure sounds like a US dealer put a car on a Canadian site to jump the MSRP. But, I'm sure this is just a coincidence.

By the way, the VIN was #95 - not on the list, yet.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New Info on Red McCombs, Superior, of San Antonio

They're still at it: Superior Pontiac of San Antonio had 3 Solstices on the floor all $5K over!

(Yes, already on the list!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts