Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the feeling of being sandblasted ever go away? Driving down the road today past some heavy construction and dirt moving I could hear the tiny tic-tic-tics of sand and dirt on my baby...and of course here in Michigan every 3rd vehicle is semi truck with muddy tires. Don't we have enough malls and housing yet? (sigh) Oh yeah, Michigan also has the most relaxed truck rules in the country and allows the heaviest weighted trucks on it's roads out of any state. So we also have the worst roads, heck I think the Hummers were field tested on our roads before deeming them acceptable for military battle zones!!!

·
Registered
665 Posts
:agree:

But at least the trucks here are limited to two trailers...
We were pretty excited about my wife's Vibe when we got it.
Brand new. I was excited about it anyway. To her it was just a car.
And shortly after owning it something falls off a truck and WHAM.
Dented the front passenger door and scratched the front passenger window and rear passenger door.
Fortunately we're very well insured.

·
Registered
665 Posts
We do have terrible roads in Michigan. My wife and I play a game. close your eyes and tell me when we're in Ohio.
It's too easy to even be fun.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Absolutely

Absolutely horrible roads here, without a doubt the worst in the country are in the tri-county region of Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties in Michigan. They sizzle your patience all summer by blocking every major artery with road "construction" (their word) then yank all the orange barrels just in time to pour roadsalt all over them so they are sure to breakdown in the same spots next spring. Then in the early spring when it is too damp to do "work" (their word) on them, they dump piles loose mounds of dry patch asphalt in the holes, most of which ends up in your tires to fling at the person behind you. After the paint and alignment and shock absorbers shops get done with you it's time for the road "construction" (their word) to begin again to bottle you up all summer and fall. It's a vicious cycle and the only people making money off it are the companies that do sub standard work on our roads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.