Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the consensus that we'd like to see the VH styling carried over to the states, what would you like to see in/on the Saturn roadster that the Miata or Solstice may be missing?

Also, what fax do we know? Someone's gotta' have the scoop...

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Also, what fax do we know? Someone's gotta' have the scoop...
A whole lotta nuttin'. They haven't even said officially what the name's gonna be. But we do know this from AutoWeek
Queen won’t confirm reports that the edgy Vauxhall VX Lightning will be the styling model for Saturn’s version of the Solstice. But she did say the Saturn due in fall 2005 will be "more creased" than the Saturn Curve concept unveiled last January in Detroit.

OK, so let me get out the crystal ball....Hmmm...Think upscale...Think Oldsmobile...Hmmmm... I see electric powered roof that's fully lined that might be hard. Power everything. Extra soundproofing. Heated seats. Heads Up display. On Star. What ya call it, Blue Tooth? so you can have your hands free to pound on the dash when you talk to your broker. I see... room for golf clubs so you can meet Tres and Muffy at the club. And the force fed motor to make up for the extra weight and quieter exhaust. Something mere peasants in their "Back to Basics Roadsters" can only dream about. And I see...Oh My!...Can that be true? A price tag that puts it in the CrossFire/Z4 bracket so people will know Saturn's now targeting their old market base's bosses. :crazy

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
We will know in a month and a half what is happening with the Saturn roadster. It will be at the Detroit Auto Show. Aside from that, we only know that it should be more upscale than a typical saturn... think Oldsmobile.

I'd What I’d like to see on it is anything they can squeeze in while keeping the price at a reasonable level. A force fed engine would be great, but it better show up under the hood of the Solstice about the same time too. More trunk space would definitely be a treat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts