Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saturn Salesman Statement (Confirmed)

I spoke with a Saturn salesman last night. He claims the new Sky Redline is going to be introduced next year around September 2006 on the same day as the new Solstice GXP. Both the Solstice and Sky will have dual exhaust, rear deck lip-wing spoiler, and turbo-charged ECOTEC engine. I know there has been speculation about a turbo and now from a Saturn source this is a confirmed rumor, can you say that?

Anyway, it looks like those who can wait pass the initial allocation launch will be able to opt for the newer GXP version next summer. You may want to talk with you dealer now and see if they will put a pre-order in for you. The Saturn salesman said they are taking pre-orders for the Sky Redline starting on Friday. :yesnod:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Sounds intriguing, but I'd take any details from a car dealer salesperson with a grain of salt. I know we have some well informed dealer people on this site, but the vast majority don't know much, and certainly do not have an inside line on many things.

Except from the date, he could have gleamed that info from this site, or other sources. There have been strong rumors of a Redline/GXP model due next year for a while, as well as having a turbo ecotec engine. Nothing new there. June 21 availability? I'd be suspicious of a specific date since GM has not even nailed down a specific date for Solstice production and availability yet! :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
So is he saying it's going to just be introduced as in tell the world about it, or available for sale?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Confirmed

I just spoke to the owner of a different Saturn dealership and he confirmed that the turbo version for both Saturn and Pontiac will be for sale at the dealers in September 2006. Saturn will start accepting a pre-order wait list for the Redline version starting Friday. This is a pre-order list as no specific details on specs for car are released. Both will be 2007 models (Saturn is by default).

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Just to clarify, but when you say that Saturn is accepting pre-orders, I am assuming you mean at the dealer level and not at the divisional level.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, Saturn dealerships will allow you to be placed on the waitlist for their allocation of the Redline Sky. Deposits vary from dealer to dealer, some will wait until the allocation has been set by GM.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Delnari said:
Yes, Saturn dealerships will allow you to be placed on the waitlist for their allocation of the Redline Sky. Deposits vary from dealer to dealer, some will wait until the allocation has been set by GM.
Reminds of 1 year ago!! Same talk about Solstice...bet there will be ANOTHER "Apprentice" :cool: type promotion next year as well!! :yesnod:

P.S. (we need a "Donald" saying, "your fired" emoticon) :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
SOL MIO said:
Reminds of 1 year ago!! Same talk about Solstice...bet there will be ANOTHER "Apprentice" :cool: type promotion next year as well!! :yesnod:

P.S. (we need a "Donald" saying, "your fired" emoticon) :lol:
Problem is it wont be Donald next season. It's Martha Stewart.

Hope there's some merrit to your rumor Delnari. Did the dealers say who told them? Also you might want to try calling other dealers too. See if you can get others to validate what this one is saying. Because unfortunately as FF88 said, we've gotten some very wild stories from dealers before.

·
Registered
403 Posts
brentil said:
Actually, it will be Martha and The Donald, just on different nights. Supposedly he stays on Thursdays, she'll have a show on Wednesdays.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=3505

I really hope that GM has a huge party next year on June 21st, invites all the Solstice owners, then shows off the coupe and F/I versions.

·
Registered
48 Posts
After the initial 1000 special Solstices, GM may pay close attention to their dealers' input as far as what additional interest is shown by the general public so that they can tweak their advertising and promotions for the Saturn version. If GM gets a spike in potential customers, they may try and move up the Saturn to meet the increased demand. Many people I talk with still have never heard of a Solstice....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
brentil said:

Hope there's some merrit to your rumor Delnari. Did the dealers say who told them? Also you might want to try calling other dealers too. See if you can get others to validate what this one is saying. Because unfortunately as FF88 said, we've gotten some very wild stories from dealers before.
From the mouth of Jill Laijack to the dealer ears. :)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Delnari said:
From the mouth of Jill Laijack to the dealer ears. :)
And the way people-shuffling goes on at GM, she'll be somewhere else completely before the rubber hits the road.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Delnari said:
Both the Solstice and Sky will have dual exhaust, rear deck lip-wing spoiler, and turbo-charged ECOTEC engine. QUOTE]

Ah, the infamous wing surfaces again.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
PAS22 said:
Delnari said:
Both the Solstice and Sky will have dual exhaust, rear deck lip-wing spoiler, and turbo-charged ECOTEC engine. QUOTE]

Ah, the infamous wing surfaces again.
I can just picture the ad tie-in for the wings on a Solstice with the KFC "Buffaloes don't have wings" campaign. So a Solstice with a wing could be a Buffalo edition.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
achieftain said:
PAS22 said:
I can just picture the ad tie-in for the wings on a Solstice with the KFC "Buffaloes don't have wings" campaign. So a Solstice with a wing could be a Buffalo edition.
Oh my! :(

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
achieftain said:
PAS22 said:
Here is a general rule of thumb with so-called "Buffalo wings"

If it is called a "Buffalo wing" you know it is crap! :lol: No self respecting restaurant who calls them "Buffalo" wings really knows what they are doing. Especially KFC! ;)

If it has to have a wing, I hope its only a lip spoiler! I do not think I could take more of those threads about how people hate the idea of a wing on this car! :willy:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Fformula88 said:
achieftain said:
Here is a general rule of thumb with so-called "Buffalo wings"

If it is called a "Buffalo wing" you know it is crap! :lol: No self respecting restaurant who calls them "Buffalo" wings really knows what they are doing. Especially KFC! ;)

If it has to have a wing, I hope its only a lip spoiler! I do not think I could take more of those threads about how people hate the idea of a wing on this car! :willy:
:agree: I'm getting HUNGRY now with all this talk about wings. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Delnari said:
I spoke with a Saturn salesman last night. He claims the new Sky Redline is going to be introduced next year around September 2006 on the same day as the new Solstice GXP. Both the Solstice and Sky will have dual exhaust, rear deck lip-wing spoiler, and turbo-charged ECOTEC engine. I know there has been speculation about a turbo and now from a Saturn source this is a confirmed rumor, can you say that?...
You must keep in mind, we have had LOTS of things said by salespeople (not the great dealers participating on the site, mind you) that supposedly came from headquarters or directly from Pontiac. Among those are: color yellow being available (it appears not), no AC available on first 1000 cars (it is), supercharger kit available for the 2.4l VVT (no indications of it yet), the next hi-power version of the Solstice will be supercharged and using the same motor as the ION Redline at about 205 hp (right now, this seems very suspect)... and a BUNCH of others.

So, take this in context of the rest of the information.

It seems, based on bits and pieces, that something exhibiting dual exhaust (sighted), high-hp turbo (rumored from GMI/NYIAS), is in the works... but IIWY I'd take it not as hard fact but another rumor to fit in the puzzle.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rumors keep us going

If it wasn't for these rumors we wouldn't have these daily posts. I like the fact the information is leaked (whether true or false). The talking about the rumors on this forum help promote interest in the car as a whole. In addition, the ideas these rumors instill is good test marketing to see if there is really interest in them. Bring every bit of information forward and let's have discussions on it; ITS WHAT KEEPS ME COMING BACK :party:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts