Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching Car and Driver the other day, and they were saying that the saturn sky was a front engine design of the Vauxhaul VX220, which is cool, but I was wondering if the Pontiac Solstice was basically the same thing with a different shell, or a completely different platform entirely.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
The vauxhaul borrowed from the Solstice, the SKY borrowed the outside lines from the Vauxhall.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Kutless said:
I was watching Car and Driver the other day, and they were saying that the saturn sky was a front engine design of the Vauxhaul VX220,

:lol: :lol: :lol: Not even close.... so much for the Car & Driver accuracy.

The Vauxhaul VX220 is built off the Lotus Elise. It is a 2000 lbs mid-engine design. It shares nothing with the Sky or Solstice. The Sky and Solstice are the same car with a few different styling points.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
.... except those rims look a little like the almost $2000 Sol/Sky upgrades. However, that is about the only thing close.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
.... except those rims look a little like the almost $2000 Sol/Sky upgrades.
Except that they're only 17"

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Kutless said:
I was watching Car and Driver the other day, and they were saying that the saturn sky was a front engine design of the Vauxhaul VX220, which is cool, but I was wondering if the Pontiac Solstice was basically the same thing with a different shell, or a completely different platform entirely.
The Solstice is ground zero for Kappa platform designs. The Sky is in essence a Solstice with a different skin that was designed by Opel/Vauxhall, who also make the Speedster/VX220.

·
1,492 Posts
Sky/Solstice

Sky not FrontWD, at least not the one at our dealer's showroom.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
whitefang said:
Sky not FrontWD, at least not the one at our dealer's showroom.
They refered to it as "front engine design" not FWD. They made this reference because the VX220 and Speedster are mid engine designed cars based off the Lotus Elise platform.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
The reason I mentioned that the Vauxhaul was from the Kappa Solstice is because maybe the person saw this picture and wounder what gives

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
oh, i so wish thay would bring the vx220 out here, if they did i would so have one in my driveway. mid engine designed cars are totaly superior to front engine. at least in my book, but than im just a lowly Fiero lover.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts