Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Save 15% on our hugely popular Show N Go License Plate Frames at PFYC - PartsForYourCar!

The Show N Go retractable license plate frame is an innovative product that allows you to hide your front license plate away when you want, and show it when you need to. We offer two versions: one manual, and one remote controlled (motorized).

On the manual version, a simple one hand motion is all you need to retract and stow the license plate or to pull it out and allow it to swing up into the display position.

On the motorized version, we offer an even easier solution - simply press the button on the included remote control and the Show N Go will move the plate into position automatically. The transport mechanism included with this kit uses a stainless steel torsion spring that keeps the mount in the stored position and also allows it to move into the displayed position. Go from hidden to shown in seconds.

• Enhances vehicle aesthetics in the displayed or stowed position
  • Stainless Steel components and fasteners for long-life
  • Patented robust design for trouble free operation
  • Easily installed by the average auto enthusiast
  • Fits almost any vehicle
  • Approximate dimensions are 10 1/2 inches long, 12 inches wide, and 1 1/4 inch high.
  • C5 and C6 Corvette specific options available
  • Known vehicles that these won't fit without modifications: 2010-current Mustang V6
  • Makes a great gift

Click below to get one (or more) at your special price:

----------------

Show N Go Retractable License Plate Frame - PartsForYourCar

----------------

To see a full line-up of our new products for your 2006-2009 Pontiac Solstice, please click here.
To see a full line-up of our current Solstice sales and specials, please click here.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
That is my Solstice everybody!!!!! This is one of the best "mods" I have done. Got the plate off the grilles and allowed me to install black chrome race mesh grilles as pictured!:thumbs:

·
Registered
311 Posts
i installed this several years ago and I am on my second one. My Solstice is at Stock height ad the license plate scrapes on everything. Even when it have it in the up position, if I drive over a speed bump, the bottom of the license plate will scrape and actually fold under the car by itself.

the following is a link to a write up I did when I first installed it

http://www.cherod.com/solstice/HowTos/LicPlates.htm

·
Registered
311 Posts
I installed this several years ago and I am on my second one. My Solstice is at stock height and the license plate scrapes on everything. Even when it have it in the up position, if I drive over a speed bump, the bottom of the license plate will scrape and actually fold under the car by itself.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I have not had any scraping issues. I take it slow at speed bumps and am careful not to hit curbs:devil: when parking. I have had it just over a year now and so far so good.:thumbs:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I installed this several years ago and I am on my second one. My Solstice is at stock height and the license plate scrapes on everything. Even when it have it in the up position, if I drive over a speed bump, the bottom of the license plate will scrape and actually fold under the car by itself.

Hey great your site is back up... someone on this board or the kappa board was looking for your oil change write up but your the site was broken.

I had this installed for about 6 months before it was destroyed. Not so much speed bumps but steeper inclines on parking lot entrances.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thanks, yes, we had a meltdown at work and after everything was fixed the IT guys did not recognize the server and left it off. I'm glad they didn't delete the VM. Glad you could use it.

my plate scrapes on everything. When I back out of the driveway, driving over speed bumps, pulling into parking lots, etc. there is so little clearance on these cars. I wish we didn't need front plates at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts