Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
what the hell is that crap on the hood above the PONTIAC logo? Also fake wood grain interior? As if real woodgrain wasn't tacky enough, they stepped it up a notch with fake woodgrain! And what is a superchip stage II, not familiar with that product? I am going to guess final bid will be $21k anyone else got any guesses?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what the hell is that crap on the hood above the PONTIAC logo? Also fake wood grain interior? As if real woodgrain wasn't tacky enough, they stepped it up a notch with fake woodgrain! And what is a superchip stage II, not familiar with that product? I am going to guess final bid will be $21k anyone else got any guesses?
those are must removes for whoever gets to purchase this baby. We should start a save the kappa fund :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I'll give it a pass primarily due to it being a manual. Looks identical to the one we first looked at and drove but primarily passed on due to the color. Because unless the sun's out in cloudy MI, Wicked (burgundy) fails to pop. Also, perfect example of why vinyl and not paint should be used for pinstripes/personalization. Still, when it comes to manual coupes beggars can't always be choosy because as the years roll by it's going to get harder and harder for lovers of manual coupes to locate em.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
My GXP had a pin stripe when I got it. Came off with lacquer thinner and some elbow grease :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
My GXP had a pin stripe when I got it. Came off with lacquer thinner and some elbow grease :)
I would have thought that would be bad for the paint. I was seriously considering placing a bid but I just noticed the fugly lines on the rear bumper and maybe on the hood lines too. Considering the car might need to be repainted I just can't pull the trigger at that price.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
There is a 50/50 chance it is Vinyl and will come off easy with a hair dryer. :thumbs:

I have a plastic razor blade that I picked up at SEMA and take stuff off of my coupe with out any problems. YMMV

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I would have thought that would be bad for the paint. I was seriously considering placing a bid but I just noticed the fugly lines on the rear bumper and maybe on the hood lines too. Considering the car might need to be repainted I just can't pull the trigger at that price.
4+ years later and there has never been an issue with the paint. I tried a couple of other solvents before I got to lacquer thinner.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am going to keep looking and pass on this one between the pin stripes and the woodgrain I am just too worried that it may be expensive to fix.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I can hear the guy at Ramsey Pontiac now: "That'll buff right out."

·
Registered
848 Posts
This coupe was listed just about a month ago and didn't sell....

·
Registered
763 Posts
I verified with the seller that the "custom pin striping is painted on!!!" (His exclamation points.)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts