Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not have any idea these cars were out or released yet. Was bright red and looked damn cool! How much are they selling for?? anyone know yet? Have many been delivered yet?
Thanks!
Dave

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
They're not for sale yet. If you saw one on a car mover it must have been being shipped for some other reason then delivery. Maybe a show, or media, or testing, etc. To bad you couldn't get a pick of it. We don't have any images of it in red yet.

Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....he was going the opposite direction or I would have taken a pic...just didnt have time. Looked very nice though! Thought it was a little early for delivery :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Don't tell my wife!

If you did see a red one don't let my wife find out where you are cause red is her color and she would probably track that poor truck driver down and he would never know what hit him! :cool:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Actually that was mine, I asked for special early delivery, they said OK but it will have to be red! :jester: :jester:

·
Registered
178 Posts
RamAirDave said:
Thanks....he was going the opposite direction or I would have taken a pic...just didnt have time. Looked very nice though! Thought it was a little early for delivery :)
Was the top on or topless? How did it look with the top on?

·
Registered
391 Posts
They could also be going to "Tuner Shops" for aftermarket products. GM may respect some Tuners enough to ship them one. An aftermarket is VERY important to this type of car and to see parts ready for it before it is even sold is a good thing:)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Wonder what Lingenfelter (LPE) could do with one? Even after John's passing, they seem to be chugging along pretty well.

·
5,600 Posts
Bright red. BRIGHT red? Did someone say "B-R-I-G-H-T Red"??? :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Rickady88GT said:
They could also be going to "Tuner Shops" for aftermarket products. GM may respect some Tuners enough to ship them one. An aftermarket is VERY important to this type of car and to see parts ready for it before it is even sold is a good thing:)
Actually if you have the SEMA membership as a sponsored parts maker I believe GM might actually have the car's schematics available in the database already for people to use for crafting parts. There was a blurb on media.gm.com a while back that made it sound like they were there for use for official vendors.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Actually if you have the SEMA membership as a sponsored parts maker I believe GM might actually have the car's schematics available in the database already for people to use for crafting parts. There was a blurb on media.gm.com a while back that made it sound like they were there for use for official vendors.
Yes, GM makes available all of its design specs data (i.e., precise measurements) for the aftermarket industry. Makes for quicker design and better quality parts.

A red Solstice, eh? Hmmm, haven't seen one even though it is a natural for a sports car. I wonder when the release date would be? They did say new colors every 6-12 months. Will it be in the first 6 months?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
byebmw said:
A red Solstice, eh? Hmmm, haven't seen one even though it is a natural for a sports car. I wonder when the release date would be? They did say new colors every 6-12 months. Will it be in the first 6 months?
Red is one of the currently available colors. I don't know that any of the show cars were red, and people can debate whether they believe the currently available red is "bright" or not. But red is available for the first production, GM is calling it Aggresive, but it is a standard GM color, color code 74U.

·
Registered
162 Posts
byebmw said:
I shoud have said not the same "Corvette Red" that most expect.
I thought I read in earlier threads that 74U was "Corvette Red" :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts