Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked at plenty of pictures of the Solstice coupes online and I've read a lot about them on this site, but I had never seen one in person.

I was sitting at a stoplight waiting to go, and happened to notice a black Solstice several cars behind me in the left turn lane. When the light turned green and I was about half way through the intersection I glanced back to watch it turn and noticed it was in fact a coupe! If I had noticed it was a coupe sooner, I would have without doubt followed it to get a better look.

This might not be as exciting to most as it is to me, but I had never seen one in person until today. I just hope I get the chance to see it again.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Heck, I've only seen 3 in person outside of mine, on a dealer lot, or at a Solstice event.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Larry, I have your twin car in Southern California. Mine is a GXP Automatic. I just bought a soft top for it but I need the instructions on how to break it down.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Larry, I have your twin car in Southern California. Mine is a GXP Automatic. I just bought a soft top for it but I need the instructions on how to break it down.
Don't rub it in. I would love a GXP but I am surprised how good the naturally aspirated one runs. It would be cool with an aftermarket supercharger bolted on. With a bolt on supercharger you don't have to mess with reworking the exhaust.
LJ

·
Registered
236 Posts
This might not be as exciting to most as it is to me, but I had never seen one in person until today. I just hope I get the chance to see it again.
Shelly, could have been me... I've been running the last couple of days with the top off. Like LiquidPT said, other than my own I never have run acrossed another coupe other that at a dealership of a Solstice event. We did get seven of us coupe's (six TX and one LA) together at a coffee and cars once thought.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shelly, could have been me... I've been running the last couple of days with the top off. Like LiquidPT said, other than my own I never have run acrossed another coupe other that at a dealership of a Solstice event. We did get seven of us coupe's (six TX and one LA) together at a coffee and cars once thought.
Spend any time in Arlington Texas lately?

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
I have the instructions on how to break it down and reassemble it. If you send me your email I will scan and send to you

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I'm wondering how often anyone has ever seen a coupe in normal driving, i.e., not a Solstice club event or a dealer lot. In two years of owning one, I have never seen one on the road (other than mine). I drive about 22K a year and regularly drive from CT to VT, still have never seen one. I do understand how it is special to see in on the road, a technician drove mine after an alignment and I watched him coming down the road and turning into the dealership. It was really a treat because the only view I had before that was the drivers view. Guees i need to Join a club to see some others!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I live in West Texas and have travelled all the way to Tucson and I have not yet seen one coupe. However, my trip to Canada? My friend owns one and that's the only one I've ever seen. Imagine that, eh? ;)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Somewhat annoying; several folks mistake the fastback as an add-on or kit, and most are surprised the top removes. So basically you're explaining the whole coupe production number & Pontiac shut-down story over and over. Main reason I have the 1 of 1266 sticker on the rear window, problem is no one see's it or reads it.

BTW, a few blocks from where I parked on Woodward for the Dream Cruise I seen a (mean) yellow coupe parked on a side-street. Went and checked it out (auto, top off) but the color didn't look as vibrant as it does on verts. Maybe it was because it was parked in the shade (or possible dirty), but even under those conditions I thought the color should have popped more.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I’ve seen a couple in Dallas ;)

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
What about next years Nationals in Flagstaff? How many can we get there?
The ones from Texas, California, Colorado, back east and some from Canada and the Pacific Northwest?
Can we get over 10-12 or more?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts