Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the break between the 3rd and 4th quarters of the Super Bowl a local ad was run for Pontiac (West Michigan Pontiac Dealers). In that ad they showed the Solstice in two different shots. I went to the website, but no information on the Solstice at all.

Anyone else get anything during their local ad spots? I'll keep an eye peeled for it again, as I'm sure it will show up more this week. That dealership alliance advertises rather heavily on TV around here.

·
4,592 Posts
rlhammon said:
During the break between the 3rd and 4th quarters of the Super Bowl a local ad was run for Pontiac (West Michigan Pontiac Dealers). In that ad they showed the Solstice in two different shots. I went to the website, but no information on the Solstice at all.

Anyone else get anything during their local ad spots? I'll keep an eye peeled for it again, as I'm sure it will show up more this week. That dealership alliance advertises rather heavily on TV around here.
nothing in LA, unless it slipped past me, i doubt that thoough!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If it was a local dealer only type commercial then it might not be Pontiac official. Pontiac might not even know that dealer is advertising the Solstice.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Does seem strange to advertise what you can't even order yet. If it was just a quick shot or 2, probably just for coolness factor.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
mceb said:
Does seem strange to advertise what you can't even order yet. If it was just a quick shot or 2, probably just for coolness factor.
Didn't stop Ford from advertising the new Mustang convertible, talk about 'cool' ad. :cool

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
Why not call the dealer and say, I saw your add during half time about the Solstice, what can you tell me about it, can I order it, do you have an option list etc...

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LatinVenom said:
Why not call the dealer and say, I saw your add during half time about the Solstice, what can you tell me about it, can I order it, do you have an option list etc...
There are 18 dealers that make up this group... it's not like it's one local dealership that had an ad. Plus, they were showing footage of the car, not just mentioning it in audio only. So, I'm thinking GM knows about the ad, or Pontiac does at least.

Most of the dealerships on their list of 18 I've talked too in the past 3 or 4 months. Only a few of the people even knew it was a car that was coming, and of those few... this forum had more information. There are a few dealers with lists started, but they are all take it as it comes. If you're 5th on the list, you get the fifth car... no choice on what's on it. I've stayed off of lists in this area just for that.

When the ad runs again I'll TiVo it and pull it off. I didn't record the entire Super Bowl last night, so I don't have this ad saved currently. Was just wondering if anyone saw a local Pontiac ad or if I was lucky... sounds like I was lucky.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
rlhammon said:
...If you're 5th on the list, you get the fifth car... no choice on what's on it.
wow, no choice...that's a bit harsh.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
mceb said:
wow, no choice...that's a bit harsh.
Wow, that is really harsh. I can't believe a dealer wouldn't be willing to work on optioning one with you. I guess they're afraid you'll build it then decide not to buy it for some reason.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
brentil said:
Wow, that is really harsh. I can't believe a dealer wouldn't be willing to work on optioning one with you. I guess they're afraid you'll build it then decide not to buy it for some reason.
No biggie, dealer turns around a resells it. Only worry is if someone orders a stripped one then they might have a problem.

·
Registered
55 Posts
rlhammon said:
There are 18 dealers that make up this group... it's not like it's one local dealership that had an ad. Plus, they were showing footage of the car, not just mentioning it in audio only. So, I'm thinking GM knows about the ad, or Pontiac does at least.
absolutely. if they have running footage of any kind, especially at this stage of the game when there are no cars on ground so they can't make their own footage, GM would have to know because they would have sent the regional marketing board (or the agency that works for them) the reel of footage.

i'm curious now about the spot...was it tagged with the official Pontiac back end (the Pontaic name that shifts to the word "Action"?). as you say, it seems like it was one of those "brought to you by western New York Pontiac dealers" sort of thing right?

hmmm curious...

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rondosa said:
absolutely. if they have running footage of any kind, especially at this stage of the game when there are no cars on ground so they can't make their own footage, GM would have to know because they would have sent the regional marketing board (or the agency that works for them) the reel of footage.

i'm curious now about the spot...was it tagged with the official Pontiac back end (the Pontaic name that shifts to the word "Action"?). as you say, it seems like it was one of those "brought to you by western New York Pontiac dealers" sort of thing right?

hmmm curious...
I don't recall if it has the Pontiac shifting to Action thing or not. The Solstice was not the only car in the ad, it had the entire line up showing all the new 2005 and then the 2006 Solstice as well.

I didn't see the ad last night, but I'm keeping my eyes open for it still.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts