·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Telephone poles don't move...

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Are you sure? Few insurance company reports include customers reporting that telephone poles jumped right out in front of them with forethought and malice.

Seriously, hopefully your OK, and sorry to hear another's been lost.

·
Registered
263 Posts
the damage doesnt look that bad actually, if its only whats in the photo, mostly just panels, hood, fender, front bumper, and the pieces behind them. The frame rail looks ok, are they going to total it?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the damage doesnt look that bad actually, if its only whats in the photo, mostly just panels, hood, fender, front bumper, and the pieces behind them. The frame rail looks ok, are they going to total it?
They totaled it, the frame is bent. Suspension mounting points that didn't break peeled the frame back lika a can of sardines. Engine off the mounts etc. Now we'll see what they offer me for it. All of Allstates wrecks go to CoPart and I hate dealing with them or I might try to buy it back just for the reaer clips parets which are perfect. ANd I still have the canvas top.

·
Registered
263 Posts
they will try to offer you crap because theyll go from the kelley blue book and not the actual value, where as a coupe will be worth a lot more because of its rarity

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
About a year or two someone bought one that was having electrical/engine issues, problem couldn't be repaired so GM bought it back. 1266 coupes - 2 = 1264. But because so few are/may members here it could be way less. Believe attrition rate on new cars is 5 to 10% a year. Guess what should be remembered is cars can be replaced.

When Norms fastback clip is ready folks may have to be ask/wonder if a coupe is production or aftermarket, side window glass should make that easy.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Condolences! I know I would be sick if that happened to me. Are you going to search for a new one? If not, keep hold of that top, I am sure someone would love to buy it off of you!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Not to highjack your thread, but in Indiana the law for insurance companies must find three comparable cars being sold in your area and give you the average of the RETAIL prices. For example, I bought my son's used car at a good price, a year later it was totaled. I got more for it than what I paid as comparable cars were listed for more than what I actually paid still. You state insurance laws may differ, but in Indiana it is not up to the insurance company to decide what they pay you.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I would most certianly buy the car back from the insurance company. At the very least, you can unbolt the "coupe" portion and bolt it up to a regular Solstice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would most certianly buy the car back from the insurance company. At the very least, you can unbolt the "coupe" portion and bolt it up to a regular Solstice.
Unfortunately Allstate in NC won't sell the car directly back to you. It goes to COpart for auction. Yes, I may look for another one, not sure yet. I'm keeping the canvas top until I figure out what I'm doing

·
Registered
425 Posts
Man, this sucks. . . always one of my biggest worries when I take Dr. Girlfriend out on the road.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Glad everyone's OK !

But... I see that you still had those awful Goodyear RSA tires...

They may have played their part in the crash of your beloved coupe.

Please buy better tires on your next one. It might save your car but more importantly it might also save your life or the life of someone you love.

Those RSA are garbage IMO. they should be replaced on a car that is sometimes driven in a "spirited" manner.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sorry for your loss, but it is a great thing that you are still alive to tell us about it!! These cars are amazing, considering their size, yet they still protect us as well as they do! Glad to hear that you are OK. There are some coupes for sale, and although nothing will be the same as the original, you might be just as happy with another.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Unfortunately Allstate in NC won't sell the car directly back to you. It goes to COpart for auction. Yes, I may look for another one, not sure yet. I'm keeping the canvas top until I figure out what I'm doing
god I hate copart! I don't blame you at all on the top. You will find another one to love. The most important part, you, is alright.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Antoher one!

god I hate copart! I don't blame you at all on the top. You will find another one to love. The most important part, you, is alright.
And another wrecked coupe I just saw on Copart VIN:1G2MB25B49Y106827
Copart

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
And another wrecked coupe I just saw on Copart VIN:1G2MB25B49Y106827
Copart
I think they messed up the photo of the engine bay. That is not a Solstice engine. :D

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
WOW! i'd heard reports filter in last fall that it had been parted out and scrapped, thanks for pointing me to that thread to see it's final resting place. sad day :(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts