Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Member Solstice"" messaged me about my WTB pressure plate thread, saying "Steven" had the part and I could email him at [email protected]. Steven said he accepted paypal, but only through his "secretary" and only via the "friends/family" option. Tons of red flags here I should have noticed, but I wanted the part.

Anyway, noticed afterwards that it's a scam ("[email][email protected][/email]" - Google Search) and wanted everyone else to be aware of their tactics.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I had a fellow try to sell me a Solstice Stuff Golf Bag. I had set up a WTB thread about it weeks before. He would not send me pics of the item. He also did not take PayPal. I walked away.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Veivo or something like that. It was beyond funky.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Veivo or something like that. It was beyond funky.
Do you mean Venmo? Venmo is Paypal lol. It's just a "light" version for only the friends/family features of the full version.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Yep that’s it. You have no buyers protection with it. I dug into it. I really wanted the bag. He finally agreed to use PayPal through his son in law but he would not send me pictures of the bag. Therefore I don’t believe he had one.

·
Premium Member
2,011 Posts
I have had exceptions on both sides. I bought an OEM luggage rack like new off of Craigs list. It looked like it had been drug behind a car and then submerged in the ocean. Over paid for it no question. No pictures, no refund and had to trust the jerk, no paypal. He sent it, but never heard about it again.

Recently bought a fly swatter in the box with all attachment stuff. New poster on the the site, did not have PayPal either, trusted him and it turned up on time and in the original OEM box. You win some, you lose some.

I won't buy anymore stuff off of Craig's list. Just from people posting on this or the Sky forum, with a history.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Its pretty easy to determine if you should buy something from a person on any forum. Look at the number of posts the person has made. If it is < 50 posts I would question making the purchase. If it is < 20 posts there is no way I would risk it. If what I was buying was a higher dollar item I would have to have a pretty lengthy phone conversation with the person on the phone before I would commit to sending that person money for the item.

I am almost done with the build on my car and I am going to have a bunch of OE parts to sell, I am going to have to figure out a way to do this so myself and the person buying would feel safer about making the purchase.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac Solstice
20 Posts
I had a similar experience. I was looking for a car cover and was sent a response to get in touch with someone from Mississippi through an email. The person that sent the message had been a member for 1 day. So I emailed the guy and we went back and forth but I asked several times for a picture and kept getting a promise but no pic so told him I had changed my mind and I just dropped out of the sale. He may be legit but too many red flags between the two guys made me skiddish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts