Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently my solstice developed a leak on the passenger side. Very heavy rain recently and I came out to check on the car and noted a substantial amount of standing water in the passenger side compartment.

I believe this at one point was up high enough to cover part of the fuse panel located there. Battery was dead, but when hooked up to a charger the brake lights are automatically on, and car will power on with radio/accessories, but won’t turn over at all.

Any thoughts on where to even start?

·
Super Moderator
6,999 Posts
Remove the BCM (fuse panel) from the passenger floor, unplug the connector behind it, and dry everything out.

·
Premium Member
3,805 Posts
this thread has a lot of pictures that you might find useful when you play with that fuse panel on the passenger floor... -> blower and fuses

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Like John said, Pull the BCM out and go at it with a hair dryer. Dry the plugs too. Do a search too, I seem to remember a recent post about removing the BCM which included pictures. If I remember correctly, there are only three or four screws holding that panel in and a couple of large connectors to unplug.

One good post for info is: HVAC NOT WORKING, BUT.....

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Likely goes without saying but in addition to drying everything out, ya' need to figure out where the water is coming from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts