Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Scary Electrical Issue

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  TomatoSoup 
#1 ·
Apparently my solstice developed a leak on the passenger side. Very heavy rain recently and I came out to check on the car and noted a substantial amount of standing water in the passenger side compartment.

I believe this at one point was up high enough to cover part of the fuse panel located there. Battery was dead, but when hooked up to a charger the brake lights are automatically on, and car will power on with radio/accessories, but won’t turn over at all.

Any thoughts on where to even start?

#3 ·
this thread has a lot of pictures that you might find useful when you play with that fuse panel on the passenger floor... -> blower and fuses

#4 · (Edited)
Like John said, Pull the BCM out and go at it with a hair dryer. Dry the plugs too. Do a search too, I seem to remember a recent post about removing the BCM which included pictures. If I remember correctly, there are only three or four screws holding that panel in and a couple of large connectors to unplug.

One good post for info is: HVAC NOT WORKING, BUT.....

#5 ·
Likely goes without saying but in addition to drying everything out, ya' need to figure out where the water is coming from.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.