Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
VERY interesting read :yesnod:

Hope this is an indication of the type of info we'll have available here once more cars get 'out there'

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Interesting, but still less than valid...

that's because the cars won't be prepped like someone who is serious about winning an autocross would prep the cars.

I think we'll only see what's up when next year's autocross season starts up - then we'll see true, best effort results from many drivers across the country.

·
Registered
133 Posts
SolsticeMan said:
Interesting, but still less than valid...

that's because the cars won't be prepped like someone who is serious about winning an autocross would prep the cars.

I think we'll only see what's up when next year's autocross season starts up - then we'll see true, best effort results from many drivers across the country.
Solsticeman, the originator of the thread, GRMPer, is none other than Per Schroeder, contributing editor of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine. These guys are dead serious about autocross competition and DEFINITLEY know how to set up a car. Especially Miatas as they have campaigned Miatas in SCCA autocross for years. When it comes to the Solstice's performance potential re autocross, or any kind of spirited driving, I'll take GRM's word over C&D, MT, AW, Automobile and all the others any day of the week!!

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Breeze said:
Solsticeman, the originator of the thread, GRMPer, is none other than Per Schroeder, contributing editor of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine. These guys are dead serious about autocross competition and DEFINITLEY know how to set up a car. Especially Miatas as they have campaigned Miatas in SCCA autocross for years. When it comes to the Solstice's performance potential re autocross, or any kind of spirited driving, I'll take GRM's word over C&D, MT, AW, Automobile and all the others any day of the week!!
Agreed, and I understand who GRMPer is, but the fact still remains that these are limited setups, with someone footing the bill, in a non-competition setting, with a limited amount of time to tune both cars. This may be the most valid comparison yet, but will in no way predict who will win in KS this next year.... OR which car is better.

·
Registered
133 Posts
SolsticeMan said:
Agreed, and I understand who GRMPer is,
Well I'd have been more surprised if you didn't know who he his.;)

SolsticeMan said:
This may be the most valid comparison yet, but will in no way predict who will win in KS this next year.... OR which car is better.
I'll grant you that one. It could, and ususally does, come down to the hottest shoe. IMO, the bar will be the older Miata. Sound like they compared the new cars to a very well sorted machine. If the Solstice can beat it with limited setup time, look out!

·
Registered
62 Posts

noticed it says 07 production starts feb 06
can anybody comfirm this
07 turbo bilt feb delivered march pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssse

1 - 8 of 8 Posts