Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,509 Posts
The complete Solo II rule book can be downloaded from the SCCA site.

http://www.scca.org/_filelibrary/File/2005SoloRules.pdf

As for basically what can be done and remain in Stock Class (CS)

You can upgraded the shocks but not the springs.
You can install a larger front swaybar
Wheels must be the same size as stock (18x8) and within 1/4 in of the factory offset.
Any tire as long as it's DOT approved (R-compound preferred)

Engine must be as delivered from the factory. (you can replace the air filter)

The details are in the rule book. Just remember "Unless the rules say you can, you can't."
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
I know what I'm reading on my lunch break today. :D
I remember reading that they were doing away with stock miata, or showroom stock, or some other classification I forget now. I guess I'll have to go through their documentation and see if I can remember what it was.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,509 Posts
brentil said:
I remember reading that they were doing away with stock miata, or showroom stock, or some other classification I forget now.
Two different things. Solo2 is autocross.

Solo1 is clubracing were they will be doing away with the Showroom Stock class and moving everything to Touring.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
LBJay said:
Two different things. Solo2 is autocross.

Solo1 is clubracing were they will be doing away with the Showroom Stock class and moving everything to Touring.
Ahhh yes, that's what it was. Thanks for the clarification.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it seems that if you buy a Turbo Sol next year you have to get the upgraded suspension package (springs, shocks, bars) GM is going to offfer to have any type of advantage in stock as you can't add them later and remain in stock class.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,509 Posts
TOY4TWO said:
So it seems that if you buy a Turbo Sol next year you have to get the upgraded suspension package (springs, shocks, bars) GM is going to offfer to have any type of advantage in stock as you can't add them later and remain in stock class.
Shocks can be upgraded, the top level people use custom built double adjustable units. Some can be $600-800 a corner.

The turbo, if it comes out as rumored, would not be in C Stock.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top