Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading to the nationals from New Orleans and was thinking of going north to Arkansas and then over to hiway 40.
Can you guys give me a good idea of what the most scenic route is? I have about three days to kill before I will have to be in Vegas. One of those I wanted to spend at the grand canyon,, but I will have a bit of time to get there.
I thought it would be better to go through Arkansas and over since at least there's a little something to see up that way.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Hey Mark, wife & I are leaving on the 21'st.

I-40 to OK City where Hwy 66 parallels the road out west (mostly). We are staying in Amarallo, Sante Fe and the South Rim of the GC on the way out with a tour of the Painted Desert and the Petrified Forrest. Tons of stuff to see and the drive is pretty easy with the Interstate.

Remember, the sun sets in the West, so miles in the AM are better!!

Take care

Steve

:cool:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are leaving New Orleans on Saturday Morning (the 19th) so I might see you on the road. I was planning on stopping in Arkansas so that the wife could dig for diamonds on Sunday.
Do you think one day is enough for that?
I'm pretty sure I can make it to Arkansas by about 4 or so pm saturday afternoon depending on how early I leave. I might even try to leave early enough to bring her saturday afternoon.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Digging can be boring, especially if the weather isn't good. However finding a large diamond would be a special treat. Finding anything would be special to me.

We are hoping to drive the old Route 66 whenever possible. My wife has not been west by auto, so this will be new to her.

Take care-Steve

:cool:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok,, if you see a Cool Solstice GXP it will be me.

I think the diamond thing might be boring,, I told her she could dig all day in the back yard if she wanted to...

she didn't go for that though :leaving:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts